How does it look?

Learning123

Location (City and/or State)
Riverview
20200927_200357.jpg
How did we do? Homemade enclosure. Mostly wood with a humidifier pipe at the top. We have a fan to circulate and prevent molding. We stay at a humidity of 91 low and 97 high. And warmth of 85 to 95ish. We adjust for night the basking light shuts off thats when we get the cooler of 85. Substrate is raptibark and some moss. He doesn't eat the moss but loves to sniff it and sleep on it. 20200923_211008.jpg

Learning123

Riverview
It looks pretty good! It would be better if you had a tube UVB in there though.

What are the dimensions? And who lives in here?

Yes, we have ordered one we are waiting on it. It's 5ft long and a baby sulcata is in there. He fits in my palm. Of course we will be building new as he grows and of course we will eventually have to make him an outside pin as well

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just be careful of the moss. It can get tangled around their feet or necks and possibly kill them or damage a limb. If they do eat it, it can get tangled on the inside too.
Best to either remove it or cut it up into little pieces.
Otherwise it looks great, good job.
One thing I would do though is to get the low to 80. We usually suggest 85 or raising temps 5 degrees for torts that are sick. A thermostat/rheostat would do that for you if you are not already using one.
85 is okay just my preference is the low end of the recommended temps as in the wild they would have a bit more choices then in our enclosures.

Last edited: