How do you get ants out of a indoor habitat

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Even new tortoises of the same species should be quarantined for 6 months to a year before being introduced to your original one.

awesomecs

5 Year Member
um I was just goin to keep them separate in there enclosures like I thought red foots were social so I would keep them in a big indoor habitat in my big basement and were going to keep them outside during summer and my Russian lives by herself I would never get her a "friend" since I know my baby can get hurt I love her so much I don't want to put her at any risk so if they are in different rooms can she still get that bug? and if they are in separate outdoor enclosure can she still get the bug of and is there and bug that can coexists with her that eats ants...... please respond I'm so worried about the future

awesomecs

5 Year Member
here's a pick of her habitat she lives alone in grace and peaceDSCN0229.JPG

awesomecs

5 Year Member
lol her pooper scooper fell in and she was playing with it...... any toy ideas that can be made at home for curious Russians?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
btw what are other spises of social tortoise that can take the cold besides redfoots please respond

Redfoots can't take the cold. I think you meant to say Russians.

awesomecs

5 Year Member
yeah that's what I meant oh and btw what can I do to make a toy for my Russian or what plants can I stay potted and put in her enclose and can I put concrete slap in her enclose I just want the best for my baby oh and give me tips please she's already use to me after a year {probably since I saved her life from a hawk.....} and after I moved her to my huge enclose she was so layback she dint even care when I picked her up PLEASE GIVE ME TIPS thansk

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

awesomecs

5 Year Member
oh um it was the substrate I looked under the water bowl today....

THERE WAS A HOLE COLONY OF ANTS UNDER THERE

there was larvae ants ants eating substrate I am only going to use dirt for now on thank you if I dint discover sooner my baby would have died oh and about the lamps there held down but thanks for being worried I appreciate it oh and thanks for telling me about the ants her indoor enclose just changed to outdoor enclose and her outdoors enclose is her indoor encloser