Horrible. Just horrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Man, why did I look @ that?? Those images are going to haunt me all day.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
We fight so hard to keep our individual tortoises happy and healthy
and then thousands can die just like that. Just too much to bear-not sure how these things can still go on.
Terrible.

We need to know about these things though, if there are any chances for change regardless.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
You would be surprised.. A few yrs back...I saw a similar site right here USA..In a small local town..The man in question.. Was sacrificing animals for santeria... People were paying thousands of dollars to be cleansed of evil spirits...

Literally hundreds of turtles, chickens,Pigeons, dogs, cats and even a few horses...all in the belief that the evil spirit would leave there bodies enter the animals body..Then the animal was sacrificed...the evel spirit would stay in the carcas and the blood of the animal drained into a huge caldron to feed the good spirits..
All in the name of religious freedom..

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thank you for putting the graphic warning on....no need for me to look...my mind already has too many repulsive images in it...no need for more.....thank you again and thank you for sharing...as some folks have no idea of the ongoing horrors....

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
The things done in the name of god never cease to disgust me.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Trying find a bright side and to me, the good news is they actually did eat the meat and the shells will even be used. So yes while I am sad for the loss of turtle life, it could be worse. I wonder how many turtles in the USA were killed on roads this year. How many were buried alive in construction sites? I think we have enough to do to worry about our own foolish waste of turtle/tortoise lives and let's not forget the ones all across the world, who are dying slow suffering deaths due to misinformation and neglect.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
this is one reason i have issues with religion... excuses..
its the start of many wars as well...
it makes no sense....

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I can't click on the link either, it will haunt me.
I agree with you, Laura. Good deeds done in the name of anything at all is more than welcome, but...

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
I saw something as disturbing in Central Europe, right after native tortoise were no longer collected for sale in the pet industry...no longer having value there, millions became used in road building, as an inexpensive "fill" item...

Not wsure how that would be an improvement, from the tortoise's point-of-view... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.