I am disgusted and devastated.

jskahn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wickenburg, AZ
One of my biggest fears in life has been that I would catch someone , kid or adult, harming one of my animals. I am sure that after I got done, I would spend time, if not life in prison. I know I would be wrong, but I know that I would not be able to control my self.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
One of my biggest fears in life has been that I would catch someone , kid or adult, harming one of my animals. I am sure that after I got done, I would spend time, if not life in prison. I know I would be wrong, but I know that I would not be able to control my self.

I worry about that same thing to, I hope I never have to deal with something like that. :(

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
BTW, anyone who is still reading through this the girls had already been caught and one of them was charged for something else horrible also. I believe someone posted a link to both of those in previous pages already.

booshsmummy

UK
I could only read through half of that. The part about the poor tortoise burning and trying to run away in fear was as far as I could get before I started crying. I am hugely in to animal rights and anything like this makes me want to scream in anger. I just don't know how anyone could do that to a living creature? It's sickening. The thought of anyone hurting my tortoise or cat just... urgh! How COULD they. There is no way I can watch the video. It will play on my mind for weeks.

Awful!

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
I could only read through half of that. The part about the poor tortoise burning and trying to run away in fear was as far as I could get before I started crying. I am hugely in to animal rights and anything like this makes me want to scream in anger. I just don't know how anyone could do that to a living creature? It's sickening. The thought of anyone hurting my tortoise or cat just... urgh! How COULD they. There is no way I can watch the video. It will play on my mind for weeks.

Awful!

I never watched the video, the written story was more than enough for me. :(

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas

I feel exactly the same. I would loose all self composure, I can actually think about it and I start shakIng. I simply would go to jail.

Randi

Canada
The last I heard of this (I'm in Canada and this was on the news), the girls involved were found guilty of animal cruelty and were charged as adults. I believe their bail, or fines, amounted to $50,000 each. They had concerns about charging the 15 year old as an adult but concluded that the things that were done were so harsh, they were going to make a point out of this case. They want to make punishment more harsh for animal cruelty. They wanted to make a point to people that if you are going to mess with these animals, you will pay the price, regardless of your age.

I think what these two did was absolutely disgusting. I would call them murderers. It does not have to be another human in my opinion to be a murder. I've heard people mention that it's "only an animal".. how long before that person turns to other people instead of animals? They say it's how killers tend to start, by killing innocent animals. These kind of things really disappoint me. It seems the perpetrators are getting younger and younger..
This kind of stuff also makes me understand why I choose animals over people. Animals are to be cared for, loved and respected. It is nice to be in a place with other people who love and value animals the same. We are a support system for each other and can inspire each other to always do best for ours, and educate others to do the same.

turtlemanfla88

It reminds me of a movie that my kids watched called Susie's Hope a true story about a pit bull. If you love animals and/or have a dog you have to watch that movie.I live in Florida and try to save and educate people about turtles and tortoises. I have witnessed people driving and going out of their way just to hit a Gopher tortoise or turtle. It is sad ,but I had people almost run me over when I was moving tortoises or turtles out of the road before.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
The gopher tortoise is not listed as endangered. http://ecos.fws.gov/tess_public/rep...on&finvpop=on&fgroup=on&header=Listed+Animals

In FL, it is listed as threatened. http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/managed/gopher-tortoise/

They both were to be charged as adults. The bail was reduced. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/26/turtle-torture-suspect-in-court/13205153/

Greene was also later charged with lewd and lascivious battery involving a minor. http://www.inquisitr.com/1386706/jennifer-greene-new-charges/

They were supposed to have a pre-trial hearing Jan 5 http://www.claytodayonline.com/ee/c...204_003_art_0/florida-tough-on-animal-cruelty

I was unable to find any additional or updated info even on Clay County's Public Records. http://svcs.clayclerk.com/oncoreweb4251/search.aspx

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
IMO.. One could only hope they are ordered to serve some kind of time. And at the very least be on some type of strict supervised probation. What those girls done was horrific and absolutely uncalled for. It literally makes me sick to my stomache. I don't see how anyone could even consider being so cruel. Terrible its just a terrible act that should NEVER have happened.

puffy137

I think one of the determining factors in the make up of serial killers is their mistreatment of animals when they were children. The parents of these kids will have to watch them closely . it looks like they are already showing serious signs of psychopathic disorders

puffy137

On a lighter note. A few years ago an elderly lady in England watched a car load of noisy teens shouting & hollering as they drove down a country lane. The lady was amazed when the car stopped & the boys got out to retrieve a hedgehog from the road & place it back in the hedge. I try to remember that when young people sometimes disgust me:rolleyes: