Hinge back tortoise on craigslist in chicago

Anthony Hill

I found this nice looking hingeback on craigslist he is mislabeled as a sulcata hopefully someone on hear will adopt him before he goes to a bad home http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pet/4540284643.html
00m0m_lxYGOcsfO2F_600x450.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
That's a scam. Same thing posted in Los Angeles. I reported it already but there just keeping at it. Too bad. Because that's a lovely specimen.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
from some of the wording you can tell it's a scam to me at least "we call him rocky" yet through the ad they refer to rocky as it for the rest of the ad it's a nice looking tort to shame probably a stolen picture

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
@Jacqui To bad it is a scam, I know you are unhinged over hingebacks.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I'm currently segueing with the guy for 3 days now. Will only accept western union, claims it's a Sulcata and tried telling me I'm a know it all, and I know nothing. I'm messing with him because scammers make me mad. I'm finding hysteria out of it literally currently right now. So yeah don't contact this person with any interest. But by all means contact him and annoy him just like I'm doing. It's fun for me.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Annnnnnnd I just got him to admit that he stole it and is going to sell it for cash. Man making them mad really gets them to tell the truth. Tries to tell me he's not a scammer. Here's a snap shot of some texts. Can't show them all because I cuss a lot.

By all means anybody. Use the number shown in the text for anything. I've already signed that number up for a huge mailing list and text offerings. Man I'm terrible.
image.jpg

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Kelly, are you still searching for nogueyi then? I know you have a ban on imported ones from Africa, but what about LTC or even CB ones from the EU? Obviously the papers would cost a bit, but they're now becoming abundant here.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Whoa! Wow wtf!?!?! "I'm bad but I'm not a scammer?" but he STOLE the tortoise? OMG!

Elohi(Earth)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've seen this ad for selling Rocky before here on the Forum. And I think it actually WAS a sulcata in the picture that time.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Kelly, are you still searching for nogueyi then? I know you have a ban on imported ones from Africa, but what about LTC or even CB ones from the EU? Obviously the papers would cost a bit, but they're now becoming abundant here.
Yeah they still cannot come In even captive bred.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Whoa! Wow wtf!?!?! "I'm bad but I'm not a scammer?" but he STOLE the tortoise? OMG!

Elohi(Earth)
Yeah pretty sad huh? I also nailed it exactly. Camaroon. He sure does admit a lot. Haha. Here is some more and then I will stop I promise.
image.jpg
image.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Just hate this kind of things. Hope he get caught or something. or hit a tree in the traffic??

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
You should text this dbag back and say, you know what, you're not a scammer, you're a scumbag.

Elohi(Earth)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
@tirtaadise, I think you are evil, good thing you ar on our side. :) I agree he is not a scammer, he's a thief, 2 different things. I thought there was a deleted for sale thread with a sulcata named rocky. Western union, always a scam on CL.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Annnnnnnd I just got him to admit that he stole it and is going to sell it for cash. Man making them mad really gets them to tell the truth. Tries to tell me he's not a scammer. Here's a snap shot of some texts. Can't show them all because I cuss a lot.

By all means anybody. Use the number shown in the text for anything. I've already signed that number up for a huge mailing list and text offerings. Man I'm terrible.
View attachment 85153

something tell's me me and you would get along great lol i like your though process

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
something tell's me me and you would get along great lol i like your though process
Haha awesome. I do not like scammers. It's a childhood issue with getting an Aldabra when I was 14. Typical camaroon deal. But I was young and didn't know any better. So I have it out for them

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Haha awesome. I do not like scammers. It's a childhood issue with getting an Aldabra when I was 14. Typical camaroon deal. But I was young and didn't know any better. So I have it out for them

how much did you get scammed out of may i ask? i've never been scammed thankfully but i've been stole from and it's pretty much the same thing

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
600 bucks for an Aldabra. But Aldabras were around 1000 bucks around that time so didn't seem too far off. Got emailed a copy of cites paperwork and everything. Just didn't know how to validate it being 14. It was a good lesson learned early on for me though.