CHICAGO CRAIGSLIST SCAM? Aldabras

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If someone wants to contact this posting and find out what's going on, let us know. I was so angry that they are misrepresenting what they are really selling, that I just wrote them a nasty email. They have a picture of four Aldabras and advertising them as sulcatas. I let them know if they did not change their ad, I would post one letting people know what they are doing. Here is the listing.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pet/3424674385.html

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What do you flag it as? I tried flagging another ad, in one of the Michigan CL because they are trying to sell a sulcata as a Russian. I had contacted them and they said they would change it, but haven't. So I posted a warning ad. The ad keeps running and it's been about a month now. I flagged it, but the only category that is really available is something like wrong category. Does flagging it take it off? Thanks

dannel

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
I just flagged it as scam. Flagging works like reporting a post.

I also sent an email.
"That is NOT a sulcata. That is an Aldabra. Please remove the post as it is inaccurate information. Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks, and I just posted a warning ad. I don't have time to wait for them to respond back to me.i would hate for someone to either get scammed or think they are getting a 100+ pound sulcata, not knowing they are getting a 3-5+ hundred pound Aldabra. I will also flag it, although I have a spam flagging, but not a scam one.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can you see if my warning ad is there? For some reason it's not showing up for me when I go on there.
I just posted another one that should show up with their ad.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
I personally wouldn't mind paying for a sulcata and receiving an aldabra. :p Obviously there is something fishy though!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
JeffG said:
I personally wouldn't mind paying for a sulcata and receiving an aldabra. :p Obviously there is something fishy though!

Right, how bout it:D They are nice looking too.

The ad is gone:D I guess we scared them:p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.