Hi from KY!

Scrounger

Hello from Ky. Just moved here last month to take a new job as a zookeeper at a small private zoo. Now that I'm settlee in my appartment I'm looking to get a pet. Leaning towards a tortoise as they and turtles are the only reptiles allowed, but I can't have a large water filled aquarium of over 5 gallons. I have reptile experience, just not turtles or tortoises. Plus, I'm a zookeeper with a bachelors in wildlife. Looking for something that I can have in a large tank for a year (when I can get a house) then move outside most of the year. Not looking for something huge though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and welcome to Tortoise Forum.
A look at our species specific section may give you some idea of what you might like.
Possibly one of the Mediterranean species or a Redfoot may suit you.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Welcome to our forums! Although we now sojourn in So. California for the most part, my wife and I lived in beautiful Lexington for about 26 years. What part of the Commonwealth are you living in? By the way, you might consider a box turtle. They are friendly and easily cared for as well as being indigenous to many parts of Kentucky. Continue letting us knowhow we may be of help.