Hi from KY!

NerdtasticLady

I have wanted a tortoise since I was a small child. But life and such never allowed it. But finally, FINALLY I have a little one of my very own.

He is a Hermann’s tortoise and his name is R2D2 (Artoo for short). He was shipped all of the way from Florida and is super tiny.

Right now he is in a rubbermaid tote but I’ve already started building his table which he will use once I move in a few months.

He is amazing. It's only been less than 24 hours and I am already in love.

This is my new little guy (actually have no idea if he is a he or a she but…) After being soaked he went straight for his food.
2hg5j55.jpg

So tiny!
2d91loo.jpg

Look at that cute little face!
301k7so.jpg

I've got a few plants in his enclosure right now (Aloe, Spider plant). I am growing out some broadleaf blend seeds growing right now in seed trays.

I am a huge pet lover and have a my very own mini zoo. I have 2 dogs (Haven and Ziggy), 2 cats (Popcorn and Tiger), 2 house rabbits (Gypsy and Moonshine), a hedgehog (Ricochet), ball python (Whiskey), and brazilian rainbow boa (Gimlet) and now R2D2.

Haven
33xizb5.jpg

Ziggy
nvo66p.jpg

Popcorn
347y8lg.jpg

Tiger (the world's most comfortable cat)
16kdi8g.jpg

Gypsy (Dutch rabbit)
2h69h0z.jpg

Moonshine (Albino English Lop)
35a6mah.jpg

Ricochet (hedgehog)
2qjj7sm.jpg

Whiskey (Normal Ball Python)
21c6kh.jpg

Gimlet (Brazilian Rainbow Boa)
5n6d6s.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hello and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and your lovely menagerie.
Thanks very much for posting all those wonderful photos.:)

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Welcome to the forum. We would like to add a snake to our zoo someday, and my girlfriend is in love with hedgehogs lately. One of those might be in our future someday too.

I love the picture of Tiger. Cats are fantastic at they way they stretch out and claim sleeping space. It always amazes me when my small cat somehow claims half the couch.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Miss Nerd, and welcome to the Forum!

That's a great picture of Haven. I love him/her.

So you've been a member here since 2015? And it took you this long to get a tortoise? congratulations!

NerdtasticLady

Both of my cats are experts at hogging the whole couch.
Haven is a boy. He just turned 13 this June.
Yep, been a member/lurker for a while. Decided to take the plunge and get my first tort this year.
R2D2 is well protected from my dogs and cats. He is high up and has a top on his enclosure that they cannot get into.

I'm well versed in keeping my dogs out of enclosures after having rabbits for so long.