Hi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainjillian

5 Year Member
I am a single parent in Texas that used to have a Russian named Banjo but my ex-husband took him. So now I am looking to get back into tortoises! I am currently working on my bachelors degree in Biology to become a zookeeper. I'm almost done! Yay!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hello Jillian and welcome to the forum..

Are you going to get another Russian or a different species?

O and thats cool that your almost done with school, a zookeeper should be fun work...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi captainjillian:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

Turtlechasers

10 Year Member!
Welcome,
Good for you on both counts...
Learn about the species you are interested in, set your priorities, provide for its needs, let the animal have time to be what God created it to be and you too will be successful.
Single father of two.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
What?! OMG that's awesome I wish I could have been a zookeeper lol I'm just a stay at home mom of 1hubby, 2 kids, 2 hermit crabs, 1 RES (the other passed away) 1 dog a Terribly spoiled shih tzu named chewy, and very soon will add two Sulcatas!! Although I feel like I have my own personal Zoo lol

captainjillian

5 Year Member
I haven't decided on which tort I will be getting yet, I really want to adopt one that needs some extra TLC. I work as a customer rep from home right now so I have a lot of time and space for it. I have not worked for a zoo yet but have bred snakes, volunteered at animal hospitals, and worked with a snake rescue in Florida. You can call me Jillian!
Oh and I'm quite handy with tools so I will be building both an indoor and outdoor enclosure for tortoise!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
welcome... if you know of a zoo you might want to work at.. I highly recommend getting your foot in the door and volunteering.. Lots of people wanting those jobs when they come along, not much pay, but very rewarding..

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Welcome ! I am a biology student also :) although I don't know what I want to do yet , but reptiles would be AWESOME !!

Status
Not open for further replies.