He's here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsprmax

5 Year Member
I just received my Hermann's form Chris at Garden State today!!! All I can say is wow! He's even prettier in person and what a cool little dude. I guess I expected him to be kind of shocked after being shipped etc. We got him out and other that breaking a claw which was bleeding when he came, he has been going non stop since we put him in his enclosure. It took him about an hour to warm up a bit, but he DEVOURED his spring mix and soaked pellets, climbed in the dish and got a drink and has been just checking everything out. My son named him Flash...:) (my son is 5) Anyway I am pleasantly surprised with how active and personable this little guy is and I am SO glad I chose to get a Hermann's!

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gardner, MA
Congrats on Flash! Sorry about the broken claw! Is it broken completely off or down to the quick? Hope he takes to his new home! Please post pictures!! we want to see how cute too!!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Congrats on your new little friend. Flash is a really cute name :D I can't wait to see his pic, he must be so cute, I love Hermann's :D. I am sorry to hear about his claw though :(

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Better yet, get a picture of Flash and your son together; that will melt every heart.:p

jsprmax

5 Year Member
I will get a picture soon. His claw is just a tiny little nub, like 1/16 MAYBE an 1/8 inch so it may grow back and it's the very back one on his hind foot. He seems to be doing really well. He FINALLY crashed for a bit tonight :) He's not teeny tiny as he is 4 yrs old, but I figured MUCH safer for a first time tort family :) Thanks for being excited for us, we are thrilled with him :)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Congrats on your new addition to your family ! How exciting. Its definitely way better and easier to have an older tort as a first timer, my Tallula is 5yrs old, and was when I bought her! We can't wait to see pic of Flash. What a cute son you have to have named him that, sounds perfect for him ! Enjoy!

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Congratulations!! Flash is a great name!! Have fun:)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
jsprmax, Congratulations on Flashes safe arrival and as a new member of your family. Looking forward to pics and of the stories of his adventures. :)

jsprmax

5 Year Member
ok, I tried to post a pic of flash and my son, but it's too big...I need to figure out how ot make it smaller and then I will get one posted :)

jsprmax

5 Year Member
not yet, but plan to get one I just read the posting photos info on here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.