He's stopped eating...

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Hi, I'm hoping I can get some advice. Ive had my Hermanns approx 4/5 weeks now and up until the last 4-5 days he ate like a horse, anything and everything i offered him he devoured. He slowed down eating and I thought it might be because of the over grown beak. Since he's had it trimmed he's eating even less. He will nibble at things offered by hand but won't go to the food on his own. He's on a tortoise table, has moist soil, a uv lamp that also gives heat, i soak him every other day. I haven't yet got a thermometer to take temp readings, but nothing has changed at all. Is it just that he was so hungry when he came to me (previous owner had only ever been fed Komodo pellets, never greens) and he is settling down or could something be wrong?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Could be settling, but just in ccase, can you tell us what temps you have and is your bulb a coil style???

katfinlou

5 Year Member
No i changed bulb in the first week thanks to advice from this forum. I haven't yet got a thermometer so i don't know the temps. I haven't changed anything from when he was happy and eating apart from putting in fresh clean soil last night