Help delayed delivery

PerkyPaxalotle

Location (City and/or State)
Houston
Hello my shipment was delayed from southern reptiles Andy was shipped fed ex It was supposed to arrive this morning but they are saying sometime tomorrow it was shipped over night. Anyone have advice? On how to help him afterwards will he be ok he is a red foot sub adult
I am so worried. He came from Florida to Texas

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There have been some over the years delayed for a couple days and arrived fine.
As soon as you get him, unbox him quickly and give a long warm soak.
It's hot all over so he will need to be hydrated.
After that have his enclosure ready and put food in with him and let him be until the next day checking on him once in awhile.
Good luck keep us posted.

PerkyPaxalotle

Houston
There have been some over the years delayed for a couple days and arrived fine.
As soon as you get him, unbox him quickly and give a long warm soak.
It's hot all over so he will need to be hydrated.
After that have his enclosure ready and put food in with him and let him be until the next day checking on him once in awhile.
Good luck keep us posted.
Thank you so much I am worried sick I also had some questions about his food supplement I bought Flukers buffet blend? Is this ok do i need to mositen and sprinkle on food? I recently had my Herman’s tortoise liberated by yard worker pirates while not at home was wondering If the turtle is old enough to be kept in garage when we leave there are several inclosures in my yard and was building him a large babypool set up in my garage office I’m using cypress Mulch and wanted to know if humidity levels in there were ok or if more is necessary it is Texas and the seller kept them in outdoor in FloridA pretty similar climates any advice is appreciated! Thanks again

ArmadilloPup

NE Oklahoma
Beautiful! Congratulations! That's a big "baby" ?

My delivery in June got delayed and when I contacted the breeder, they said all of his shipments were for that day. I read several posts online that there were a lot of issues for receiving reptiles and poultry because of COVID (mail backed up, less flights). Fed Ex missed a flight, but their website tracking is absolutely terrible and made me panic because the automated message sounded like they decided to suddenly not take live animals. When I finally received the baby, it didn't even seem to mind that it had been in a box for 48 hours.

PerkyPaxalotle

Houston
Beautiful! Congratulations! That's a big "baby" ?

My delivery in June got delayed and when I contacted the breeder, they said all of his shipments were for that day. I read several posts online that there were a lot of issues for receiving reptiles and poultry because of COVID (mail backed up, less flights). Fed Ex missed a flight, but their website tracking is absolutely terrible and made me panic because the automated message sounded like they decided to suddenly not take live animals. When I finally received the baby, it didn't even seem to mind that it had been in a box for 48 hours.
Yes that pic was right out of the box he is so awesome ?? FedEx is the devil for online updates I’m convinced!

Kipley

Seattle, WA
One of my Redfoots is named Memphis. She spent two nights in Memphis due to winter storms after Southern Reptiles shipped her. I'm sure the fantastic start she got at Southern Reptiles is why she survived unscathed. Her shell temp was 66 when she finally arrived, and she wasn't moving. 5 minutes in a warm soak and she started to move, another 5 minutes and she was fine and eating within 15 minutes.