Tortoise Lost in transit, Please Help!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
~ I have talked to several that lost tortoises involving UPS also!
I get things delivered to me almost every day. U.P.S. as well as U.S.P.S are not perfect, but fairly reliable.
FEDEX however, has been 3 for 3. Lost and sent to wrong addresses and delivery man lying. All three required formal complaints to correct.
I did receive my parcels also. But after a lot of work on my behalf. (Just like this poor member.)

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
your questions was....Got your tort? I just let you know it was found, .....It didn't say How's your tort. Either way it was found

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
I get things delivered to me almost every day. U.P.S. as well as U.S.P.S are not perfect, but fairly reliable.
FEDEX however, has been 3 for 3. Lost and sent to wrong addresses and delivery man lying. All three required formal complaints to correct.
I did receive my parcels also. But after a lot of work on my behalf. (Just like this poor member.)

Yeah Zero, I deal with fedex at work every day. They are notorious liars, and they cover for each other. We have had so many packages lost, with fake signatures of people in our building. I can't believe they get away with what they get away with.

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
Glad to hear you got your tortoise.

my dad works for Fedex and I guess maybe things are different in different locations.

i dont care for the generalization that "they" are all liars and that things are "always" done incorrectly.

i received my tortoise via fedex and he came to me without issue on time.

im sorry that some of you have had negative experiences but i believe it could happen with any other form of transport. there is no 100% safe way to transport live animals unless you are able to do so yourself in my opinion.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah Zero, I deal with fedex at work every day. They are notorious liars, and they cover for each other. We have had so many packages lost, with fake signatures of people in our building. I can't believe they get away with what they get away with.
....And no GPS to show exactly where the package actually went.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Glad to hear you got your tortoise.

my dad works for Fedex and I guess maybe things are different in different locations.

i dont care for the generalization that "they" are all liars and that things are "always" done incorrectly.

i received my tortoise via fedex and he came to me without issue on time.

im sorry that some of you have had negative experiences but i believe it could happen with any other form of transport. there is no 100% safe way to transport live animals unless you are able to do so yourself in my opinion.
Certainly not every one of them. Not even close. But enough of them to do the entire company a huge dis service.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I mentioned my experience just like someone might warn against a bad experience with a retailer of products.
My limited experience with Fed Ex as a whole has been very poor. Just like that of the O.P.

Last edited:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello, how is your tort today? ;) Sincerely hope all is well. Please keep us updated. :)