Tortoise Lost in transit, Please Help!

TerrapinStation

Location (City and/or State)
Detroit, Michigan
Glad to hear you got your tortoise.

my dad works for Fedex and I guess maybe things are different in different locations.

i dont care for the generalization that "they" are all liars and that things are "always" done incorrectly.

i received my tortoise via fedex and he came to me without issue on time.

im sorry that some of you have had negative experiences but i believe it could happen with any other form of transport. there is no 100% safe way to transport live animals unless you are able to do so yourself in my opinion.

Very sorry if I offended or over-generalized, but in dealing with them (Fedex) on a daily basis I feel that the statement holds merit. Granted, I work in the city of Detroit where many things occur daily that would fall outside of normal peoples "expectations" so I guess my opinion is very jaded and again, I do apologize.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Very sorry if I offended or over-generalized, but in dealing with them (Fedex) on a daily basis I feel that the statement holds merit. Granted, I work in the city of Detroit where many things occur daily that would fall outside of normal peoples "expectations" so I guess my opinion is very jaded and again, I do apologize.
oh no worries! not offended i just think its different in depending on where you live
Well done! Both of you! The way you guys handled what could have possibly erupt into heated/negative exchange made me feel really good about human race.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
personal experience with FedEx? I prefer UPS. I think fifteen twenty years ago FedEx was a much better company

Holly'sMom

No. They have so many caveats, it is impossible. If you farted while your package is in transent, it is exempt. My package was found and delivered 48 hours for an overnight delivery, but they were all ok. Cold, but ok.
Fed ex delivered a shipment of African armor piercing ammo, that needed a signature to a house rather than our shop. When we called because it said delivered and was not They begged us not to involve the police(because it should've been signed for and was ARMER PIERCING AMMO). they even went as far as driving back out that night w the driver to find where they delivered it witch was at the other end of our road w a West main, not East main RD and not even close numbers. They tried for a month to get the package back leaving notices stopping etc finally caught the guy leaving his house. Fed Ex showed up explaining they caught him walking out but the box was open/ripped. I refused to take it or sign for it. they didn't even try to tape it or ask if everything was there lol when I wouldn't take it because we'd already started the claim the driver just sets it down and leaves.. I still didn't sign for it refused it and 3/4 of the ammo was gone so we had to re-involve the police.. Anyways my point to my LONG story was Fed Ex admittedly dropped it off to the wrong house and took over a month bringing an open box back THEN when we tried to file a claim for the 850$ we were denied because I "accepted" the package lmao I HATE FED EX

Pearly

5 Year Member
Fed ex delivered a shipment of African armor piercing ammo, that needed a signature to a house rather than our shop. When we called because it said delivered and was not They begged us not to involve the police(because it should've been signed for and was ARMER PIERCING AMMO). they even went as far as driving back out that night w the driver to find where they delivered it witch was at the other end of our road w a West main, not East main RD and not even close numbers. They tried for a month to get the package back leaving notices stopping etc finally caught the guy leaving his house. Fed Ex showed up explaining they caught him walking out but the box was open/ripped. I refused to take it or sign for it. they didn't even try to tape it or ask if everything was there lol when I wouldn't take it because we'd already started the claim the driver just sets it down and leaves.. I still didn't sign for it refused it and 3/4 of the ammo was gone so we had to re-involve the police.. Anyways my point to my LONG story was Fed Ex admittedly dropped it off to the wrong house and took over a month bringing an open box back THEN when we tried to file a claim for the 850$ we were denied because I "accepted" the package lmao I HATE FED EX
Good Lord!!! Armor piercing ammo????? Delivered by Fedex???? I have never heard of such thing

Holly'sMom

My husband collects buys, sells and trades ammo and fire arms. Fed ex ships ammo and fire arms for an extra fee. But yes armor Peircing ammo, that's why we had to get the police involved because it's "cop killing ammo" obviously this was not to be resold but with a large amount floating around with God only knows who, I was extremely disgusted that fed ex asked us not to contact or involve police. The guy who it was delivered too still is trying to say that's all that came but obviously the seller had great records And they're still trying to track the missing ammo.. I just hope it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Someone could be killed because fed ex didn't drive a block up and chose to drop off at a random house. We could careless about the money public safety is a little more important IMO. The ship labels and everything were correct the driver said that's where the house showed on his GPS so he dropped it W/O getting the signature even though the house number and street were different.. I try my best not to use them now

Holly'sMom

It was South African armor piercing ammo** just noticed my spell check got me

Pearly

5 Year Member
It was South African armor piercing ammo** just noticed my spell check got me
Wow! I had no idea such things could be in private nonmilitary hands but then ofcourse i grew up in a coutry where all guns were confiscated after the last World War, so we just didn't have that stuff around growing up. I can't say that I feel like I have missed out

Holly'sMom

Wow! I had no idea such things could be in private nonmilitary hands but then ofcourse i grew up in a coutry where all guns were confiscated after the last World War, so we just didn't have that stuff around growing up. I can't say that I feel like I have missed out
It's not legal to sell in stores anymore here in the US either. These rounds came from an online estate auction and I'm not sure even if it would be legal if he wanted to resell . But that's why my husband wanted them for his collection they're hard to find. He'll never use it. He collects guns and ammo as well as BST's. we're weirdo's I guess lol he collects guns ammo war memorabilia and my daughter and I collect dolls, horror dolls and horror memorabilia

Pearly

5 Year Member
It's not legal to sell in stores anymore here in the US either. These rounds came from an online estate auction and I'm not sure even if it would be legal if he wanted to resell . But that's why my husband wanted them for his collection they're hard to find. He'll never use it. He collects guns and ammo as well as BST's. we're weirdo's I guess lol he collects guns ammo war memorabilia and my daughter and I collect dolls, horror dolls and horror memorabilia
Everyone should have destressor of some sort. Hobbies are great. My husband collects stamps and coins and I collect plants for my eclectic garden