Hates soaking

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
You are very welcome. Even though this is my first one, I would definitely agree with you they are most fascinating. I can't wait until summer so I can get this little guy back outside to chowdown.
When I was a child I own two Greek tortoises. These animals fascinated me from the beginning of keeping them. The torts lived for many years with my family. Unfortunately they died after a mistake. My mother used a toxid powder against ants in the house and the torts died from the toxid powder. I was very sad. My mother too. She never wants to hurt our torts but it was too late.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
When I was a child I own two Greek tortoises. These animals fascinated me from the beginning of keeping them. The torts lived for many years with my family. Unfortunately they died after a mistake. My mother used a toxid powder against ants in the house and the torts died from the toxid powder. I was very sad. My mother too. She never wants to hurt our torts but it was too late.
I am very sorry to hear that. Her intentions were good, and I hope she did not blame herself. My daughter had got ill once, and it was my fault. Me and a couple friends went mushroom hunting we go every year for morel mushrooms here in Michigan. Somewhere along the way we had a false morel get mixed in somewhere, my daughter ate it and she got ill. It was a huge Learning lesson for me. Once again sorry to hear about your tortoises, you look like you're doing splendidly now with the ones you have. If they gave out mother of the year trophies for tortoise owners, I think you would be a strong contender.

Bee62

Germany
I am very sorry to hear that. Her intentions were good, and I hope she did not blame herself. My daughter had got ill once, and it was my fault. Me and a couple friends went mushroom hunting we go every year for morel mushrooms here in Michigan. Somewhere along the way we had a false morel get mixed in somewhere, my daughter ate it and she got ill. It was a huge Learning lesson for me. Once again sorry to hear about your tortoises, you look like you're doing splendidly now with the ones you have. If they gave out mother of the year trophies for tortoise owners, I think you would be a strong contender.
Making faults is human. Learning from faults is important. Doing the same fault never again is the most important thing in our lifes.
Thank you again for your kind words. Believe it or not I have tears in my eyes by reading it.
Yes, I love my little dinosaurs.
Thank you !

Sabine

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Making faults is human. Learning from faults is important. Doing the same fault never again is the most important thing in our lifes.
Thank you again for your kind words. Believe it or not I have tears in my eyes by reading it.
Yes, I love my little dinosaurs.
Thank you !

Sabine
Aww, you are welcome. You seem like a very sweet lady, and I wish you and your tortoises the best.

ShirleyTX

Canyon Lake TX USA
I have read that some tortoises don’t like the slippery floor in their bath. Sometimes a piece of flannel or towel in the bottom helps.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I have read that some tortoises don’t like the slippery floor in their bath. Sometimes a piece of flannel or towel in the bottom helps.
Thank you for the reply, that makes pretty good sense. That tub I use has a pretty slippery bottom to it. He's been doing pretty good now that I've been soaking him in the morning.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
This has been an interesting and good thread to read.
I can add that if there is a possible problem of flipping over, the bath needs to have a fitted cover with air holes. The cover should be close to the top of the tortoise's carapace - leaving a small space so that it is impossible for the tortoise to flip over. I use a shallow plastic food or storage box. The cover also makes the humidity in the container while the bath is in progress much higher and therefore more beneficial, also the tortoise will feel more secure with the cover on.