Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This past summer my grandson bought a chameleon. It was a tiny little thing, only about as long as your finger. He set it up in a really nice vertical viv with a screen top, plants from floor to ceiling for climbing. It was a beautiful addition to their living room. The cham was pretty shy and wouldn't move if he saw people. But he eventually came around. My grandson fed him from a hanging bowl. So its been a few months and the cham is now part of the family and gets to come out and hang out in the room. Yesterday he was put on the back of the couch. Later my daughter looked for him and found him on her hanging plant (Hoya). She went over to him and saw him flick out his tongue and grab an aphid! She's always complaining to me that she can't get rid of those darned aphids. Well, I guess she's found a way.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is the chameleon. If you look into the lower right portion of the viv, you can see him trying to dig under the bark. He's got quite a pile of bark up behind him, and bare floor in front of him.

chameleon-1.jpg

chamelion-2.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very nice. I'm trying really hard to resist the temptation of buying another one (or 12) of these.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm pretty surprised that you lizard enthusiasts didn't set me straight on my grandson's cham. when I said something about he was digging a hole under the rock. We should have realized digging a hole meant egg laying.

Well, my grandson came home from work today to find two teeny little chameleon eggs down in that corner. Seems el Diablo is a seniorita!

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
Great stuff.... givin' me the itch.... stoppit. Got enough critters darnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.