G. spengleri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
I managed to get some neat photos of the G spengleri today. They are a bit slow this time of year but were enjoying some turtle Mazuri today! I just LOVE these guys!!

Female........
photo1_zpsb5b936ae.jpg

photo3_zps1d8446f9.jpg

Male..........
photo2_zpsfc85ab90.jpg

photo1_zpse3a36691.jpg

photo2_zps4ad216f6.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Fantastic specimens and species. Love these guys alien eyes. If I recall correctly. How are the youngins that hatched out for yah?

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
tortadise said:
Fantastic specimens and species. Love these guys alien eyes. If I recall correctly. How are the youngins that hatched out for yah?

The female laid her first egg last year. Here is the story, http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-48269.html. It went bad, I don't think it was fertile, although it did appear to begin to chalk up. Hopefully this year will be better.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Ahhh man. Thats too bad. I thought I recall seeing a hatching from your post. I had similar excitements with spinosa eggs, and the same outcome. One day.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
Very nice with funny eyes !!!
Nice specimens, i like them :D

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
One of my all-time favorites. Such neat turtles.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
They are just amazing!! The male is looking right at you when youtook the pic!That would be a great pic for the calender contest!! :) They are stunning! Please post more pics!!!!!!!!!? :)

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Definitely on my top 5 list of terrestrial turtles...These guys are just so awesome. Another one of those "one day" turtles :). Just stunning....

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Awesome Tim! I didn't know you had them... I guess I need to do more careful detective work, looking through all of your "Inn & Suites!" Do you have photos of them on there yet? I feel like I should have noticed them..

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Anthony P said:
Do you have photos of them on there yet? I feel like I should have noticed them..

They are on there!!!

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
How aquatic are they? Do they swim very well, or can they swim underwater? As gracefully as a regular turtle? Just wondering, there is such a small amount of information on the net out there on these guys....

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
and i thought i seen it all. i love those guys. very pretty and comical at the same time. thank you.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Tim/Robin said:
Anthony P said:
Do you have photos of them on there yet? I feel like I should have noticed them..

They are on there!!!

I'd say maybe I need new glasses, but these guys are too unique to make that excuse!! Unless of course we're talking about Geoemyda japonica.. Then I'd be able to blame my specks...

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Anthony P said:
Tim/Robin said:
Anthony P said:

They are on there!!!

I'd say maybe I need new glasses, but these guys are too unique to make that excuse!! Unless of course we're talking about Geoemyda japonica.. Then I'd be able to blame my specks...

(Turtlesandtortoises.com) was selling a japonica for $2750 a year ago....My oh my I wanted that turtle...But there just isn't enough information about any geoemyda on the internet; at least not that I can find.
You know what else there isn't enough of? Pictures...(hint hint, I want MORE :))

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Anthony P said:
I might try to buy some if a certain friend decides that he has some to sell one day ;-)

Would that be Tim/Robin? I'll be watching his posts like a hawk incase he hatches one and decides to sell it :) Now, of course, if it were me, I don't think I'd ever sell it, but....:)

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
RedfootsRule said:
How aquatic are they? Do they swim very well, or can they swim underwater? As gracefully as a regular turtle? Just wondering, there is such a small amount of information on the net out there on these guys....

They are more like a box turtle. They are land dwellers but need constant clean water. My male spends most of his time soaking in his tub, unless he gets a visit to his lady. He can't live with her all the time. They like it relatively cool and humid. Mine get no supplemental heat, just the ambient temp in the tort room. From what I have read, them eating Mazuri pellets is rare. They LOVE worms!!! They are by far the neatest turtle around!! They can move those huge eyes independently or together! Amazing to watch!!

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
RedfootsRule said:
Anthony P said:
I might try to buy some if a certain friend decides that he has some to sell one day ;-)

Would that be Tim/Robin? I'll be watching his posts like a hawk incase he hatches one and decides to sell it :) Now, of course, if it were me, I don't think I'd ever sell it, but....:)

Ant - I've already told Ben that very same thing.

Redfoots - I'm pretty sure Anthony was also thinking of Ben(jamin), our 3rd partner at theTurtleRoom.

Status
Not open for further replies.