G. spengleri

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
Oh, I didn't know anyone at tTR had G. Spengleri :).

Tim/Robin, you know, that sounds like something you should take a video of :). So do the males and females fight, or is the male just to aggressive at breeding?

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Those are some happy looking geoemyda. Mine will eat mazuri pellets, and shrimp is their favorite. After about seven years they started to eat fruit. They will eat grapes, melon, strawberry and bannana. My male ate some steamed pumpkin this year as well.

Best of luck with incubation this year. I incubate my spengleri ova at a variable room temp. Lows can be 72 for earlier clutches and high temps can reach 90-92 for ova laid in June and July.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
RedfootsRule said:
aggressive at breeding?

Bingo!! He simply will not leave her alone!! Too stressful for her. Hell, he doesn't even eat!!

Weldd

10 Year Member!
Tim you scoundrel. I didn't know you had these. Beautiful!

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Weldd said:
Tim you scoundrel. I didn't know you had these. Beautiful!

Teehee teehee!! :D You really need to find a reason to travel out this way and see my secrets!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I didn't know you had them either. I wish people who have them would post more about them and some pictures. I couldn't even breathe when I saw this. This is the only dream I have left in my life, except going on a vacation to Scottland. For the last few years, I've spent so much time just looking at pictures of these. My change jar is almost full.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
theTurtleRoom said:
RedfootsRule said:
Anthony P said:
I might try to buy some if a certain friend decides that he has some to sell one day ;-)

Would that be Tim/Robin? I'll be watching his posts like a hawk incase he hatches one and decides to sell it :) Now, of course, if it were me, I don't think I'd ever sell it, but....:)

Ant - I've already told Ben that very same thing.

I know!!!! Let's both get a few and start that group together!! I watch yours for you! ;-)

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Tim/Robin said:
RedfootsRule said:
aggressive at breeding?

Bingo!! He simply will not leave her alone!! Too stressful for her. Hell, he doesn't even eat!!

Definitely sounds like box turtles :(. I hate watching them mate. I love my girl ornate, (she's a sweetheart :)) but I have to watch her being aggressively courted by a male suitor. I feel like a protective dad, but them I'm torn between separating them and wanting grandkids :(.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man every time i look at this site i find a new tortoise man them eyes look glued on please please post more pics i keep kicking my self for not getting tortoises sooner more pics

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Here is Frodo contemplating cliff jumping!!! Should?? OR Not? Yes he got himself there!!!

photo_zps633c2fe9.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL! "Frodo!!" The name is very fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.