DROPPED MY TORTOISE

Elsiemouse

Location (City and/or State)
UK
How is your little tortoise doing?
Well funny enough if he's brain damaged i'm not complaining because he's way happier!!!! ;) :pOn a more serious note he seems okay, no internal bleeding which is such a relief!!:tort::):<3: thanks for asking!:D

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Well funny enough if he's brain damaged i'm not complaining because he's way happier!!!! ;) :pOn a more serious note he seems okay, no internal bleeding which is such a relief!!:tort::):<3: thanks for asking!:D
I'm glad he's doing okay. I dropped my box turtle wants, luckily it was outdoors but she did bounce across the enclosure. I was mortified and felt so guilty! no damage, but I swear if a tortoise can give you a dirty look she did. they are incredibly tough in some aspects. But I would've been extremely worried if I dropped her on the concrete. We just have to be careful and hold onto their little bodies tight.

J.P.

5 Year Member
Philippines
i once dropped one of leopards, from less than a foot high. i picked it up to put in front of the food plate, and it kicked free from my hands. the tortoise was okay, but i got soaked with a gallon of pee.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I hate to think about this but its happened with my and my RT Nank as well :( ...

I was taking him inside from his outside box (since its not yet good for being out without supervision) walked into out basement and was walking to his inside house, and someone forgot to close our stinking laundry room door (people in my house literally don't know how to close a darn door!!! :mad: ) and I walked smack (literally) into the door and Nank fell from my hands probably a good 3 feet to our thinly carpeted floor... I was so mad at my family about that stinking door it wasn't even funny because he could have been seriously hurt and I constantly tell them to close the darn door ... yeah ok as you can tell I'm still pretty upset about this... he acted funny for a few hours but was back to normal in no time

Randi

Canada
Mine isn't a tortoise fall story but one day my turtle decided to climb this fountain I had in his tank and managed to get out. He fell about three feet. I was at work and came home to hear a scratching noise. He was walking into the wall. I was really worried and of course got rid of that fountain. I felt bad. I have learned they are quite resilient.

Glad your babies are ok! :)