Don't trade with Mr. McGee in MS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitality

5 Year Member
I cannot believe that! I cant believe someone would do that to a species that has lived longer than humans. Sorry to hear about this..

Chinque

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I am so sorry for your loss. It is painful. But karma will come back and it will be even more painful (for him...) or I think he'll be reincarnated as some sort of feeder animal or lowly bug or slaughterhouse animal... Mmmmm steak! Itll taste better because he'll know he deserved it...

Raeanncarr1

5 Year Member
Sorry I hope that who ever has your torts are at least taking care of them

blueturtle

10 Year Member!
SoCal
Just a thought, i haven't read through all the posts, but what about contacting the local spca in that area. They have officers that can make arrests. i'm sure you can call them and explain the whole situation, and offer to forward the emails as proof that this isnt a hoax and request that they pay him a visit cuz its very likely that he's probably running some kind of exotic pet ring much like a puppy mill. they have to investigate any calls they get about the welfare of animals.

anm1221

5 Year Member
Maryland
it is crazy to see that this is not the first time and that many people are aware of him there is even a facebook page about him!

Baldr the Unyeilding

5 Year Member
anm1221 said:
it is crazy to see that this is not the first time and that many people are aware of him there is even a facebook page about him!

I've done a lot of buying and selling but I refuse to buy/sell/trade online unless it is a trusted site that has many good reviews. Buying and trading online always makes me feel a little uncomfortable due to the fact that you can't be for certain that you'll get what you are promised. But like many other members have said only deal with senior or veteran members that have had good reviews and that the moderators know to be fair people. I do most of my deals at expos, Retail pet stores, and Craig's list.

blueturtle

10 Year Member!
SoCal
If like to see this FB page you speak of.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TortForum mobile app

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
I know it wouldn't be exactly the "right" way to go about it, but I'd be paying a visit to the address these turtles were shipped to.

*misskerrimoo*

5 Year Member
Omg.. just saw this thread... HOW INSANE. I am sooo sorry for any of you who lost your babies to this j@ck@ss... :*( something similar happened to me yrs ago... I used to trade cds online... I traded a huge amt with a guy... He never sent. I just so happened to have a cousin living in his city & called him up. He dressed up & posed as my lawyer, & went to his house. The guy, who turned out to be a 15yr old child, came to the door... My cousin told him who he was & why he was there... The kid RUNS in the house & slams the door, crying! I got my cds that following day. He called me up going "how dare you send your lawyer to my house! I'll send the cds! I'll send em!" Just SOBBING. It was grand. Just thought id share that story. :) I wish he'd screw over someone close to the Hell's Angels. Lol. They'd fix him quick.;D seriously, someone who has been had by this turd - CALL THE LAW!! have someone scary go to his house! DO SOMETHING! this can't keep happening!

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

3.2.0 Cats (Neeko, Bootsie, Bean (Special Needs), Puff (Special needs), Pokie)
1.0.0 Dog (Sidney (Special needs))
2.0.0 Bearded Dragons (Lochey & Zane (Special needs))
2.1.0 Leopard Geckos (Hopper, Spanky-Butt (Special needs), Rumi)
0.0.1 Greek Tortoise Hatchling (Mookie-Boo - Ibera species)
0.0.2 Fire Bellied Toads (Ellie, Teddy)
0.0.1 Emporer Scorpion (Mr. Pickles)
1.0.0 Betta Fish (Mr. Pook-Pook)

Jessicapinkie1

5 Year Member
Floresville TX
Wow I just saw this. Has anything been done?

There is a guy in San Antonio doing something similar to this. Not sure to what extent but the good SA craigslisters are doing there part in getting the word out.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
This is just sad. I had this happen with items once (not living pets).

Ruins it for the honest people.

Thanks,
Shelly

Jessicapinkie1

5 Year Member
Floresville TX
ShellyTurtleTort said:

Thanks,
Shelly

Yes I actually just had what I thought was my best friend steal my whole bedroom set from Aaron's I was renting and the cops n the town won't help me not sure where to go from there :(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jessicapinkie1 said:
ShellyTurtleTort said:

Thanks,
Shelly

Yes I actually just had what I thought was my best friend steal my whole bedroom set from Aaron's I was renting and the cops n the town won't help me not sure where to go from there :(

I would talk to the store, Aaron's and see if they will help you with the police and then pressing charges when they do find your "friend". So sorry this happened. But don't let them get away with it. You probably aren't the first person and probably won't be the last.

Jessicapinkie1

5 Year Member
Floresville TX
wellington said:
Jessicapinkie1 said:
ShellyTurtleTort said:

Thanks,
Shelly

I would talk to the store, Aaron's and see if they will help you with the police and then pressing charges when they do find your "friend". So sorry this happened. But don't let them get away with it. You probably aren't the first person and probably won't be the last.

I have been n contact with the manager of Aaron's and he went with the cops to the apartment I was renting from her to get the stuff but her sister was moved in and the stuff was gone. I just don't think the cops want to mess around getting a warrant to search her place & I'm pretty POed about it because now I still owe all the $ for it now that they couldn't get it back.

turtlelou

5 Year Member
This is awful, I'm sorry. I hate that it ruins it for others too :(.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Just read this whole thread. Unbelievable!
Thieves suck. Espesially conniving thieves.
So sorry to hear of the loss of the boxies.

Ann from CT

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
i would most def bring my a** to that adress and knock on his door...i dont like to condone violence...but yea.... i would be there real quick..thats not cool to do to someone... what a piece of sh**

tortoise_luvergirl

5 Year Member
tyrs4u said:
So I mailed off my 5 Eastern Box Turtles to trade for two adult male Leopards… Well I guess it turned out to be a scam. The guy and I were in constant contact through email/lan/cell/text but is now replying to neither. We were BOTH supposed to ship them last Monday! The 16th, well I got the email stating that FedEx had indeed arrived and he signed for them. Well; were are my two Adult Male Leopards?

Lamont McGee, from Indianola, MS. Or D. Magee is what the person signed…

He has yet to get in contact with me; basically accepted delivery and then disappeared.

Sooo.
If anyone is purchasing a Baby Eastern from that state and city know that they were once mine; and that this guy may never do a proper trade or sale. They left here in great health, eating well; its just sad, I never thought in a million years that I’d get screwed by a fellow Turtle/Tortoise “owner/vendor”…
“My husband was like; I think he ordered them to eat them.”

Question; its doubtful, but is there anything I could do?
The trade was supposed to be an even swap, we covered our own shipping etc.
So I have my fedex information from SYR, but no clue what step I would take? I mean this guy basically pulled out of the trade once he got the Turtles; even though the day he got them I should have got the Torts… Grrr…
Lessoned learned. Trust no traders, and make sure the FEDEX tracking numbers are doing that, keeping track of the trade. (Rolls Eyes)… I hate myself… My poor kids; who knows what has happened.

I was a bit leary myself buying my baby sulcata online.. First I wanted a red tooted.. then I was told they would not be ready for two weeks, I changed to a yellow footed and a day later got the same email, so I changed to a baby sulcata ( they seemed eager to sell these but it seemed to be a trusted and well known site.. the tortoise shack.com) so I ordered. She seems pretty healthy aside from not being used to her new home. Yea I've dealt with scammers online myself.. some even wanting to trade DOGS! one scammer from youtube tried selling me a very expensive ivory leopard tort for 50 bucks.. I KNEW it was a scam then as I have NEVER ran across a healthy tortoise for that amount.:tort::tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.