disgusted with the show naked and afraid

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
I know that part of survival is eating things to keep you alive and I ate some things in the military that wouldn't be an everyday meal for most people but watching them eat that little female red foot and her eggs last night was difficult to watch.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm aware that through their native ranges, they are highly regarded as food.
The only one that still gets me is eating dogs. That I can't get a handle on.
They choose them from a huge cage like lobster in a fish tank.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I'm aware that through their native ranges, they are highly regarded as food.
The only one that still gets me is eating dogs. That I can't get a handle on.
They choose them from a huge cage like lobster in a fish tank.
wow!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Meat is meat. If I'm hungry, I'm going to eat some meat and eggs when the opportunity presents itself.

Still, because this is a contrived made up scenario, I don't dig it either. Its one thing to be in the jungle and need food. It entirely another thing to be in the jungle because you are making a ridiculous TV show with no clothes on. I like survival shows and the tid bits of knowledge that can be learned from them, but I'm not too keen on cool tortoises getting eaten either.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Now I am hungry.
I agree though meat is meat mmmmm human the other white meat.

JWoo

I agree, that was hard to watch. That poor thing had taken refuge to give birth, and was butchered alive for what? A frigging tv show? And these two didn't even show a twinge of conscience about it, unlike past contestants. That creature was pried open and cut up alive, as its hyperventilating lungs show. One can only imagine the agony. And all for a frigging gimmicky tv show featuring people looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I agree, that was hard to watch. That poor thing had taken refuge to give birth, and was butchered alive for what? A frigging tv show? And these two didn't even show a twinge of conscience about it, unlike past contestants. That creature was pried open and cut up alive, as its hyperventilating lungs show. One can only imagine the agony. And all for a frigging gimmicky tv show featuring people looking for their 15 minutes of fame.
That sounds too harsh to be believed, doesn't it?

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
OMG! I am glad I did not see that TV show. It is making me feel so sad and sick to my stomach even thinking about that poor tortoise.

JWoo

It's very important to have a heart, to feel empathy for ones fellow creatures and to maybe feel something when you see a tortoise having its shell pried open and the eggs it's been carrying scooped out of it while still alive by a guy exhibiting all the passion of a couch potato tearing open a bag of Doritos. And for what? Not real, true survival, but a stupid, sensationalized, trashy tv show. I don't wanna know the person who doesn't feel anything at witnessing that.

I just want to go ahead and point out why do they have to be naked? I understand the point of survival shows. But why do they have to be stripped out of there Nickers?

Nephelle

Pittsburgh, PA
I gave up watching this show but I did for a bit. It seemed to be mostly about making the humans suffer, which apparently is entertainment for our strange species. One episode someone got "swamp foot"? from walking barefoot in water for weeks on end. Another guy lost something like 45 pounds in a month because they basically just starved the entire time. I gave it up when they paired a woman with a truly insane misogynist who spouted hate the entire episode.

These shows are so ridiculous to me for so many reasons. Maybe you could start a Change.org petition against the network and use that excellent description of what went down that you have above. Post it here, I'll sign it!