1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Live naked people

Discussion in 'Personal Promotion' started by Kapidolo Farms, Aug 14, 2015.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Kapidolo Farms

Kapidolo Farms Well-Known Member 5 Year Member Platinum Tortoise Club Tortoise Club

Location (City and/or State):
    South of Southern California, but not Mexico
    August 2019, deal of the month suggestions.... and GO
  2. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Clovis, CA
    How about a picture of a I.D. the tortoise contest here in this thread? The prize could be a sampling of all the dry goods you sell.
  3. Kapidolo Farms

Kapidolo Farms Well-Known Member 5 Year Member Platinum Tortoise Club Tortoise Club

4. Yvonne G

Clovis, CA
    I noticed your little red wagon. I have a nice wagon you can have. Fairly new. I bought it to take Medea in at night. Remind me next time you visit and I'll show you.
    Kapidolo Farms likes this.
  5. Kapidolo Farms

6. Kapidolo Farms

. The Del Mar show from 21&22 September 2019.

Next week I will be at the Sacramento show, that will now be at the Expo Center, not that cramped situation downtown. I'll add small 'grow your own organic grass kits' to the store so you can get the babies eating soft fresh organic grass right away. Acceptance at Kapidolo Farms has been 100%, so they know it's stuff to eat.

Let me know if you have a specific animal interest. [email protected]
  7. Yvonne G

Clovis, CA
    Nice display. I first watched this video on FB on my Kindle. The small screen really doesn't do it justice. Is that manouria tortoise from the same clutch as my aberrant scutes babies? He's huge! Did you sell him?
  8. jsheffield

jsheffield Well-Known Member Platinum Tortoise Club Tortoise Club

Westmoreland, NH
    That Manouria is exquisite!

Jamie
    Kapidolo Farms likes this.
  9. Kapidolo Farms

That is the smallest of the three holdback form 2016. They are all so rowdy, I had to use a fence board in the vision cage so they don't break the glass doors. Together they eat a full dishpan worth of salad daily, plus an extra head of some greens. It did not sell, I'm sure I'll cry when it does. They all look female too.

10. Kapidolo Farms

Not my first word choice, but I'll take it in good order. I run with robust. Exquisite is a whole other realm of good description.
    jsheffield likes this.
  11. Yvonne G

Clovis, CA
    Well, the one I hatched here is probably male. All my babies so far have turned out male. He's quite a bit bigger than his aberrant scute 'sisters.' So we can save my 4 year old (or is he five now) to be a second male for our group. I'll check, but I think is mama is Medea.
  12. Kapidolo Farms

13. Kapidolo Farms

[​IMG]

The Phoenix reptile show, a still image from a balcony. My Dad joined @Markw84 and me at this show. Dad was selling 'Pegs and Jokers" a game popular with his many years of friends from full time motor-homing. He's in the blue shirt pointing to me on the balcony, telling that woman, "he knows about these food, he'll be right back down".

This show is held at the Meza Convention center immediately following the TTPG conference. Five days of chelonian glory for me.
  14. Kapidolo Farms

Milky Oats is oat hay harvested before seed heads appear, it is a soft palatable hay high in fiber with a positive C: P ratio. It is the only USDA certified organic grass/hay that I have found consistently available. Acceptance is high among tortoises at least a pound in weight. This covers adult pancake tortoises, larger Egyptians, up to an including 70 pound Manouria, held at Kapidolo Farms. It is a great scaffold of complex carbohydrates and lignin, the structure that facilitate a healthy gut biome of microbes that aid in digestion.

What I find most beneficial is that it is soft and pliable, has no little sticks, and the tortoises do not bite a eject it from their mouths when mixed in with fresh greens.

Here are two references for your seeing specific nutrients and description of this item.

Nutrients: https://www.feedipedia.org/node/12386 this includes all parts of the 'hay'. I have not found a reliable nutrient breakdown for just the flower tops before seed set.

General description: Milky oats are the oat tops harvested when they are in their milky stage, during which the oat tops release a white, milky sap when squeezed. This stage, which lasts approximately one week, occurs after the oat begins flowering and before the seed hardens and becomes the oat grain we eat as oatmeal.
    Markw84 likes this.