Cooper update.

shaf1457

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
cemmons12 said:
Here are a couple pictures of the boy laying in his night time spot.

This is definitely one spoiled tort. I look at his size then look at mine and again realize how much undersized she really is. We adopted her from some people that said basically she was getting to big for them and yet she is no where near the size of yours. Don't you worry about him peeing on the floor I know I was shocked the first time I seen how much mine pees.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I wouldn't judge the size of your sully against mine. Cooper is pretty big for his age. The breeder I got him from had like 5 of his siblings and they were about 1/3 of Coopers size at best.

shaf1457

5 Year Member
Ohio
cemmons12 said:
I wouldn't judge the size of your sully against mine. Cooper is pretty big for his age. The breeder I got him from had like 5 of his siblings and they were about 1/3 of Coopers size at best.

When we adopted ours in October of this year she was about 8 inches and weighed less than 5lb. She is between 8 and 9 years old. Other than some mild pyramiding she seems to be healthy though. Its amazing how these guys can very so much in size at different ages.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Cooper's growth is amazing. I always look forward to seeing your updates. He sure seems to have a great personality.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He's about the same size as my Daisy who is just about to turn 6 at the end of this month.

I'll have to measure and weigh Trey who is similar in age to Cooper, but not quite as large.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yeah he is pretty big for his age. Had to make a lot of adjustments sooner then I ever expected.. :):)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Cooper eating dinner. And Cooper after bath time waiting for the lights to go out to go to sleep.

Attachments

• 1387523906896.jpg
    1387523906896.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 1387523928612.jpg
    1387523928612.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 173

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Ok I am going to try and get a few pic's of these pink/red little spots on Coopers neck. They just popped up a few days ago. It sure the hell isnt from him being dirty. He still gets a bath a day or more if he needs to go to the bathroom. Then he gets dried off with a towel. So if anyone, without seeing a picture, has any idea what this may be, please let me know. Thank you!!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
How often does Cooper get outside? I can't imagine the precautions you have to have in your home to keep drywall on the walls, lol. Does he have free roam of the yard when it is warm? Sorry if you get these questions a lot, I just hear so much about "house" tortoises and how it is bad for them and I have always thought that if we were able to domesticate mammals, why not certain reptiles. He certainly seems healthy, :). I know you probably hear this a million times but, wow. He is a hansom guy!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Its been a long time since I posted his weight and length. It seemed to be just to much doing it every month. So as of today he is 21 inches long and 44.3 pounds. His extreme gains have really slowed down which is good for now since we don't have our own home anymore. But he is still a little monster. Have a good day everyone!! :)
Chris and Cooper

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
HELLO! Now that I have another hard drive in the laptop and running (BARF) Windows 7, it seems to be running ok now. So thought I would stop in and say hi! Cooper must have had a bad belly ache cause he didn't eat for over 48 hours. But he finally ate around 5pm today. He seems to go those these spells every once in a while. Just something to get my nerves on edge. Have a great night all!! :)

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
It's never fun when they act up! That's that difficult thing about this specimen, they are difficult to tell what exactly is wrong. Glad cooper is doing well.