Cooper update.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Well, I measured and weighed Cooper today, he is 12 inch's long and is 10.7lbs. So hard to believe my little 16 month old boy is this big already! He dont think he is big though. He still thinks he has to crawl up on my arm and sleep. Today we came back in the house, had his bath, and I let him run around in the living room. And like normal, he walks around for a whole 5 minutes looking things over and then has to be right where I am at. I had 3 of the couch pillows on the floor on the heating blanket and he just had to be on mine with me. Then when I got up to go outside to smoke, he had to walk over to the gate and watch and wait on me to come back inside. So I layed back down on the floor on my pillow and he walks back over to our lay down area and gets back on my pillow and goes to sleep. He is such a spoiled little boy! Hope when my time comes he will be able to make up to my wife or the person that takes my place without any problems. I know a lot of people dont think they have many feelings, but in Cooper's case, I will disagree 100%! :)
Have a great day my forum friends!!

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I predict, that on his second birthday, he will be 16" and 30 pounds. Maybe bigger, He's a mutant.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks! Yeah he is the best buddy I could have ever asked for! I would love to know how big his brothers and sisters are though! :p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't know of another that is a faster grower than him. He might reach Galapagos size by 20. :)

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Wow, he is a big boy:D! Hey, where are the pics! I love seeing pics :p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
drgnfly2265 said:
Wow, he is a big boy:D! Hey, where are the pics! I love seeing pics :p

I will get a few new ones when I get back home for sure!
Tom: thats a scary thought! :p Hope by that time we have our new house!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is big. Can't wait to see pics. I do believe they have feelings, Tatum acts like he is in aw when I talk to him and kiss his so cute face.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
wellington said:
That is big. Can't wait to see pics. I do believe they have feelings, Tatum acts like he is in aw when I talk to him and kiss his so cute face.

Thats great Barb! Cooper just acts like he cant be 2 feet away from me, but I think its great myself! :)
Only thing now is he puts little cuts on my arms with his shell if I dont watch out, that thing has sharp edges! He just has to push against me as tight as he can then he will go to sleep. Cracks me up! :p
Just got to love your torts!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
He just has to push against me as tight as he can then he will go to sleep. Cracks me up!

That is a fantastic thing Chris....I am of the belief that torts certainly can imprint with a human---not that they have the human feelings but they certainly do have their own tort feelings toward "their" human....lol....

I too would love love love to see a picture of your young gigantanormous sulcata.....:D:D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
ascott said:
He just has to push against me as tight as he can then he will go to sleep. Cracks me up!

That is a fantastic thing Chris....I am of the belief that torts certainly can imprint with a human---not that they have the human feelings but they certainly do have their own tort feelings toward "their" human....lol....

I too would love love love to see a picture of your young gigantanormous sulcata.....:D:D

Thanks Angela! Always happy to see people (specially a good friend like you!) agree over somebody that may not or even want to argue over it! :p I will get pictures tonight. Having a lot of problems again, whats new, so the cell isnt on at the moment. But i can still take pics and upload them to the computer. I love your "gigantanormous" wording! Cracked me up! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Not great pic's but he was ready to go to sleep after bath time. Will try to get better ones in good light tomorrow. Have a great night all!!
IMG_20120623_232705-1.jpg

IMG_20120623_232715-1.jpg

IMG_20120623_232729-1.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
He is very handsome and I love the last pic, Chris the angle of light on the top of his head and the way his head is turned makes him look like he is wearing one of those George Washington white wigs....FANTASTIC....he is the man :tort:

jason g.

5 Year Member
ascott said:
He is very handsome and I love the last pic, Chris the angle of light on the top of his head and the way his head is turned makes him look like he is wearing one of those George Washington white wigs....FANTASTIC....he is the man :tort:

My thoughts exactly!! Lol He is a handsome little devil. Do I detect he's a bit on the spoiled side! Lol he's awesome.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
ascott said:
LOL! I'm not sure why he looks like that, his head is dry looking but he just got out of the bath. He looks dry all the time but he STILL gets a bath everyday! I'm gonna put some vita shell stuff on I guess. I know he isn't dry but I don't want him looking all dry when he has guests over. Anytime someone comes over Cooper is the guest of honor. What a brat! :p Thanks for the great comment Angela!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I'm gonna put some vita shell stuff on I guess. I know he isn't dry but I don't want him looking all dry when he has guests over.

Oh no, don't change a thing....he is beautiful.....he is perfect Chris :D

He does not look dry to me, I believe it is just the angle and lighting...again, he is perfect Chris :D