Cooper update.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Lol, I guess so. Don't know how he will deal with his nightmares when he gets to big to sleep next to me! Spoiled brat! :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using TortForum mobile app

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
What!?!?! [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

You mean you aren't planning to reengineer your bed so he can always sleep with you! I'm calling the SPCA. How dare you. Have you informed Cooper-Pooper of this future scenario?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Haha, your too funny! :) Well there is always the floor, which up till a few months ago is where we always slept since the water bed kills my back now. But currently we are sleeping on a comfy day bed. I suppose we will make do when the time comes. :p

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using TortForum mobile app

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Loved the nightmare story, even not seeing it, it's funny. You better hope he doesn't mistake you for his mean blanket:D. Imagine a big butt bite at 4:30 in the morning, OUCH! Not a nice way to wake. I think you need one of those trundle beds. That way your together, yet your own space too:D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
LMAO....I think you will need a queen size bed for sure....lol...and a modified set of those step thingys that dogs use to climb up to the bed...awesome..:D

RuthJanice

5 Year Member
Southern Calif
I love the Cooper stories and posts..... I so hope my Walter is as much of a companion and we have the bond you two have.....

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yes, a queen size bed for sure! lol! RuthJanice, I too hope you have a bond like Cooper and me. He, in my opinion, is 1 special tortoise. Everyone that comes to see him, friends and family, are just blown away by the way he acts and how seems to know the bed is the sleeping place and not a place for the bathroom. My wife and I are still blown away by how he seems to know, and if he needs to go he will hold it until he gets in his cage or the tub. Also he knows not to go to the edge of the bed, he will look then back up. I am a lucky man! Have a great day my friends!! :)

Arnold_rules

5 Year Member
Gilbert, AZ
cemmons12 said:
Yes, a queen size bed for sure! lol! RuthJanice, I too hope you have a bond like Cooper and me. He, in my opinion, is 1 special tortoise. Everyone that comes to see him, friends and family, are just blown away by the way he acts and how seems to know the bed is the sleeping place and not a place for the bathroom. My wife and I are still blown away by how he seems to know, and if he needs to go he will hold it until he gets in his cage or the tub. Also he knows not to go to the edge of the bed, he will look then back up. I am a lucky man! Have a great day my friends!! :)

A queen size bed with extra supports. I know some fish tank builders that use think guage steel tubing to build the stands, may be we could get them to build you a bed frame. They could even build a small escelator/ramp for Cooper to get into bed. ;)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well these pic's are not the best, but best I can do for now..
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 4.JPG
I did find my real camera so I hope to get it working now. Have a great day my friends!
Sorry the pic's are sideways, they are not like that when I open them on my Linux box, but they ended up sideways when uploaded....

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Holy smokes,thats one big handsome fella. I can't believe how big he is at such a young age. He may just end up the biggest sully ever:D. Little more time and you can ride that bugger:p :D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Barb: I know, his size is pretty crazy for 31 months.. But he is still a good boy! :)
Angela: Thank you! I hope to get better pictures soon since I found my camera, some pic's that show his size in relation to me or something. lol! :p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
HAHA, thats a good one Angela!! U quack me up! :)
On a great note, I believe I am getting some free wood tomorrow to finish his new enclosure! Provided that the wood is in the shape it was said to be. I am not trying to be Mr. Picky, but since it is his, and it is in the house, I want it to be nice looking, and not nasty, just for his health concerns mainly! :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I hope you have plans to include a 4 poster bed for him in his new digs...I believe he will be disappointed if not......lol....:p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
LOL! He just loves to rest that big nog'n on a pillow or a blanket thats fluffed up under his chin. Spoiled, I think not! hehe

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
He likely thinks...."what is this spoiled thing you speak of....jut do what I want and nobody gets hurt"....lol

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
LOL! Thats for sure, and he has the power and sharp edges and spikes/nails to hurt ya!