Cooper update.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
cemmons12 said:
Hauntmom said:
Kresh just turned 2 and he is 9 inches long and 3 lbs. Lol

Lol! Cooper will be 2 next month. When I first joined the forum, as I was looking at some of my 1st posts, I noticed I wasnt sure of his age because I have it wrong. But when I got ahold of the breeder thats when I found out he was born in February of 2011. Thanks for posting your Kresh's stats, I always like to know about others that are about Cooper's age!

Its crazy that he is so big! How old and big was he when you him? Any pics?

Hauntmom

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
He is quite the hunk! Lol I love that he sleeps with you. Those pics are super cute.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
lori12386 said:
cemmons12 said:
Hauntmom said:
Kresh just turned 2 and he is 9 inches long and 3 lbs. Lol

Lol! Cooper will be 2 next month. When I first joined the forum, as I was looking at some of my 1st posts, I noticed I wasnt sure of his age because I have it wrong. But when I got ahold of the breeder thats when I found out he was born in February of 2011. Thanks for posting your Kresh's stats, I always like to know about others that are about Cooper's age!

Its crazy that he is so big! How old and big was he when you him? Any pics?

He was about 65 grams and 2 months old.IMG_20110217_141242.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hauntmom

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
So what's your trick? How is he growing so fast? How much does he eat? Lol

ulkal

5 Year Member
What a beautiful tortoise with a beautiful personality.
I don't know much about Sulcatas, but he looks so great- I love
that he hangs out with you and am looking forward to follow
his development.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Hauntmom said:
So what's your trick? How is he growing so fast? How much does he eat? Lol

Well thats a good question. The only thing I have done different was for many months, I choped all of his food up in a chopper, and he always ate every single bite! This leads me to wonder if by my chopping his food up if he just got more out of his food, or maybe retained more of it causing him to grow super fast? I have read as of late that some people give their Sulcata's food all day long. Cooper only ate once a day. At the urging of my friends on here I stopped doing his food that way. But he eats good and he eats Mazuri which he has ate for over a year now. Thanks for all the kind comments!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Lol, no big secrets here. Trust me I do sort of wish he would have grown at a more normal rate. He has outgrown everything way faster then we were prepared for. But we are making due the best we can with what we have. Either way I love him! :) He is my big buddy!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Coop is a beautiful baby! Thank you for sharing your story :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks Chainsawkitten! I think one way to help members is to share good and bad experiences so others that may have a problem down the road, like mine, have a little comfort or help knowing that even when something bad happens, there is still a good chance for a great recovery, if it means a vet visit, or waiting it out like I did this time, although I did talk to Cooper's vet on the telephone. :)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Anytime! :) I love these guys so much and I'm so happy everything turned out well and I know how expensive vets are and how scary it can be :). This a fantastic forum and I love coming here, especially being a new turtle Mom :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Ok, so Cooper's latest stat's are: 16 inch's long, 12 inch's wide, and 25.6 lbs. He tried to eat the tat on both of my arms! Just black tribal's but they must have looked yummy to him!! Silly boy! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ooooohhhh, you cut back his food. I'm sure he can't be happy with that. He sleeps with you right? Be very careful, you might become a midnight snack:D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I had to edit that Barb, didnt realize that he had gained as much as he did from last month! Yeah I sleep on the floor cause the waterbed is not tumor friendly anymore! :p I about laughed myself silly when he woke me up trying to eat my tat's!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Im wondering if i should start a new thread instead of using this one cause seems like the longer it gets the less people are posting?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well since Cooper is 2 I figured I would post a few new pictures since I posted his new stats today as well.
Cooper_2_5.jpg
Cooper_2_5_1.jpg
Cooper_2_5_2.jpg
Cooper_2_5_3.jpg
I am ready for some warm weather cause I am hoping he will get some of his light color back on his scutes when he is able to get some good sun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Holy monsters what a handsome guy, he's like, fifty billion times bigger than my two year old lol. And I hear ya, I'm ready for some sunny days too, my poor guy hates being stuck inside, during the summer he was out almost all day every day. I love when they start getting that light golden color.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Weda737 said:
Holy monsters what a handsome guy, he's like, fifty billion times bigger than my two year old lol. And I hear ya, I'm ready for some sunny days too, my poor guy hates being stuck inside, during the summer he was out almost all day every day. I love when they start getting that light golden color.
I hear that a lot about his size, I have no clue why he is so big! Lol! Yeah the golden color looks so good! Cooper isnt a huge fan of the outdoors yet, he will follow me to the door to go outside, but after he grazes for a bit he comes back to the door to go in. This year he is going to have to start liking it a little more! Thanks for your comment! :)

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Wow! All I can say is WOW! When he was a baby, what did you use as substrate, Miracle Grow potting soil? Haha! He really is beautiful and I only hope mine will grow to love me as much Cooper loves you! I never knew a tortoise was capable of showing that kind of affection. Also I am really sorry to hear about the lupus. I know it can be very tough. My best friend suffered with it for years. We laid her to rest 4 months ago BUT her passing had NOTHING to do with the lupus! Keep your head up my friend and may God bless you and yours! Oh I almost forgot,,, I read in one of Tom's threads about Sulcatas from a different part of Africa that get much larger then the avg Sulcatas?? I wonder if that's what Cooper is????