COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
The biggest vehicle I've ever been able to drive is my 1990 Dodge caravan. I can't reach the pedals and sit securely in most of them. I'm not really good at a bike either though so... I have limits ?
The biggest vehicles I've driven are the school 17 seater minibuses, not massive but a huge responsibility. I was always relieved to return to school with the bus and everyone on it in one piece!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The biggest vehicles I've driven are the school 17 seater minibuses, not massive but a huge responsibility. I was always relieved to return to school with the bus and everyone on it in one piece!!
That's another thing that bothers me to no end. I would never be the same if I hurt someone. Since I don't have a clear view all the way around, from being small, I just won't do it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Rain and storms up and down the mid-Atlantic today. But it was sooooooo nice yesterday! Taking advantage of the dull rainy dreary day & going for my vaccine....

View attachment 322001
Hope it's all gone well.
Have you ever grown opuntia from the pads Mark?
I've ordered some online and wondering if I can grow them myself for future use.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
The biggest vehicle I've ever been able to drive is my 1990 Dodge caravan. I can't reach the pedals and sit securely in most of them. I'm not really good at a bike either though so... I have limits ?
You must be my twin. We have an old F635 automatic. I go forward only. Can't tell you how many telephone poles i've hit riding my bike, forgetting to take my feet out of toe clips at stop lights...

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
If it does die and I still haven't found a new house, then I shall be planting a real tree - not just a large shrub. That will give them something to complain about!
I have a Purple Diamond Loropetalum that is as hardy as my Crape Myrtles. They are my devilstrip plants-they green space between the sidewalk and the street. I hack it every so often and it loves it coming back even denser. It has beautiful purple leaves and stunning fuchsia blooms. it is in the right hand corner!

Attachments

• IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG
    440.1 KB · Views: 7

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You must be my twin. We have an old F635 automatic. I go forward only. Can't tell you how many telephone poles i've hit riding my bike, forgetting to take my feet out of toe clips at stop lights...
It's funny I can't drive anything that has hand controls. I once drove a mini bike partially up a tree because my brain won't compute that brakes can be on the handles.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hey guys! Long time no see??? I lost my username and email to my account, what I bummer so I want through my friends Gmail and got my email?.
So what have a mist fam?
You probably shouldn't try to catch up it'll take to long and you'll miss more but... hello and I do remember the name ??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I walked over to close the front door today and this little lovely was resting on my walkway.IMG_20210328_153809206.jpgThe wind began to blow and all it did was ruffle feathersIMG_20210328_153841812.jpgThen she walked off into my yard.IMG_20210328_153904193.jpgLater I looked out again and she was still just sitting in my yard. I got worried that the little dove was hurt. So I went outside and checked it out. She flew off to a rooftop across the street ? The neighbors cat didn't pay a bit of attention and was still just sitting on his walkway. Then I realized that even though I can't do all of the expensive things to help our environment, I can do something. It's something I know we're all trying to do. Providing extra food, plants, and toxic free yards is not nothing. Loss of habitat is probably what's hurting wildlife the most.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
How’s it going everyone! Haven’t popped in for a while. Me and the animals are all good, still volunteering too!
Hi Ben we've been thinking about you and some of our other absent friends.
Glad to hear you and the animal family are all OK.
How are you coping with the impact of lockdowns on your college course?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hope it's all gone well.
Have you ever grown opuntia from the pads Mark?
I've ordered some online and wondering if I can grow them myself for future use.

yes, in fact they are still growing. Last year @Ray--Opo sent me some great pads that I popped into some terra cotta pots. Still growing. Can’t grow tgem large enough to feed with any consistency. Maybe in a few years...but, i do break some new pads off n feed.