COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good afternooning all.

Glorious 17C/63F sunshine here in Kent today

At the rescue I had a pheasant - mucky pup!
View attachment 322060
And these two cute pigeon chicks
View attachment 322061
as well as the regulars. The number of hedgehogs in our care is going down fast as we are releasing them. We’ll soon be inundated with baby birds.

At home, we have our first tadpoles
View attachment 322062View attachment 322062

You rarely see baby pigeons so it's lovely to see them.
How did they end up in the centre, Linda?
Plenty of life in your pond! I've not had any in mine, which is a relief.
It's either because the conditions aren't suitable for them or I have a few confirmed bachelors living there.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Speaking of members we miss, how about that guy. . . darn it, his username escapes me, but he was in a bad place and we all tried to help him get better. I think he had a betta fish?? oh drat! What was his name? If you can think of who I mean, and let me know, I'll look up his email and try to contact him.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hope all goes well for Jayden, it's not very pleasant having things done to the eyes. Will he be awake through it? Sometimes they have to keep you awake for eye surgery - I'd much rather be out of it.
No, they put him to sleep.. he got versed to calm him first.. they just took him back for the procedure. The waiting I think is the worst!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You rarely see baby pigeons so it's lovely to see them.
How did they end up in the centre, Linda?
Plenty of life in your pond! I've not had any in mine, which is a relief.
It's either because the conditions aren't suitable for them or I have a few confirmed bachelors living there.
Pigeons breed year round.... and their nests are very poorly constructed. These two ended up on the floor and were picked up by the garden owner.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh noo I’m glad you were able to recover from it, what were your main symptoms with the virus? I’m still volunteering weekly at the rescue centre and I love it! I’m getting as much experience in the sector as possible. :)
Mine was bad. I hate to even get into that but I got extremely hungry. Weird. It had to be specific things though. One night I ate iced sugar cookies (store bought) for dinner. Or fresh strawberries with ice cream was another craving. My 2 brothers got it and were only sick 2 or 3 days and yet they tested positive for it. The only reason why they were tested is because they'd been around me. I'm glad you did get to do your volunteer work. It's so rewarding to work with animals. The little ways they say thanks is wonderful even though experience teaches you sometimes what not to do.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
And having finally checked our cameras, we have a new hedgehog. He is definitely male, we could see his manhood on another video, and is obviously not one to challenge. Y, who is bottom of the prickling order anyway, got more than he bargained for when he approached the newbie
Well I think he made his feelings perfectly clear!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And good morning to all! I Have taken off work today to take my son for a medical procedure.. he’s got to have a stint put in his tear duct. He had this done once when he was a baby. The procedure itself is quick and simple but the act of taking a child to have something done is never fun :-(. He’s old enough to know somethings up and naturally is scared... and of all things, they didn’t schedule us until 10:20 this morning.. so he will be hungry too.. anyway... I needed To vent I suppose and now I will put my game face on for him... ?

I hope you all have a fabulous day!!
I hope Jayden came through it just fine. And with not a lot of stress for the both of you. Joe is much like a child and I know how that is. He's been known to get up and take off running screaming NO! at the sight of a needle! And he can't even talk.☺️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Speaking of members we miss, how about that guy. . . darn it, his username escapes me, but he was in a bad place and we all tried to help him get better. I think he had a betta fish?? oh drat! What was his name? If you can think of who I mean, and let me know, I'll look up his email and try to contact him.
Was it D62? Not sure that's the right way to say it. He helped me with my little betta. He's one I've been thinking of.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
That was Dan i think...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
No side effects from the Pfizer jabs..... On other issues, having a radiator leaking issue with our truck. Took it to the dealer last week, they couldnt find the leak but put dye in the coolant. Sure enough when i came home on Saturday after a wee bit of travel, leaking coolant. So, off early this AM to the “dealer”. We are now thinking....new truck or other kayak friendly vehicle or fix & let sleeping dogs lie.

Almost done the Cedar bowl....pretty much hallowed out.
2670D12F-CA3D-4DB1-9DBE-AF2677A711E9.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternooning all.

View attachment 322060
View attachment 322061
as well as the regulars. The number of hedgehogs in our care is going down fast as we are releasing them. We’ll soon be inundated with baby birds.

Wow
Good afternooning all.

View attachment 322060
View attachment 322061

I hope you get to see when they turn into little frogs. All you can do is sit on the bank and watch because any place you step is a little frog. Even so it's amazing and unforgettable. I was only around 10 or so and still remember that day. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm enjoying it so far. I used to think that when I retired I'd still do some supply teaching but to be honest I don't really want to now. I'll think about again when everything gets as back to normal as possible , I'd like to have some links with my old school maybe as a volunteer to help with reading etc - but I'll see.
Or a private tutor? Since a few children may need that soon. I don't know about your school system but ours will pay for that. They'll even hire older students for that.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
No side effects from the Pfizer jabs..... On other issues, having a radiator leaking issue with our truck. Took it to the dealer last week, they couldnt find the leak but put dye in the coolant. Sure enough when i came home on Saturday after a wee bit of travel, leaking coolant. So, off early this AM to the “dealer”. We are now thinking....new truck or other kayak friendly vehicle or fix & let sleeping dogs lie.

Almost done the Cedar bowl....pretty much hallowed out.
View attachment 322089
It's evidently not a bad leak or why did they use a dye. But I'm a person that hates change and bills. Cedar is always so beautiful and what you do brings that out ?