COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Hi all...Had an ice storm today. Without power from 3am until 6:30pm. No power, computer, internet, water. I actually did some chores then read a book...I hated it. Missed the NASCAR today. CRAP! The very first race of the week end, and I had no tv. grrr
So I'm trying to get ice photos for y'all
100_6628.JPG
and look at the visitor...
100_6647.JPG
100_6634.JPG
Also, if you think you're gramma needs a hand rail on the deck stairs, DO NOT use metal...
100_6654.JPG
Top of the tree broke
100_6657.JPG100_6658.JPG
What a miserable way to spend a day. Oh and try to keep 3 tortoises and 15 box turtles warm without power. Fun
Couldn't even heat up my mac n cheese. And THAT was a crime

Attachments

• 100_6657.JPG
    100_6657.JPG
    815.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_6657.JPG
    100_6657.JPG
    815.1 KB · Views: 0

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
OK, but none of that changes for me. One Yvonne, to me, is either Y or The Nazi Moderator. The other Yvonne is my friend Yvonne, or my TFO bestie Chefdenoel10, YOU!!!!
And, please remember that the person you refer to as the wonderful Yvonne G is my older sister. A pain in my whatsis, as she mostly is my older sister, meaning she's the boss, (but I'm 76 old enuf), and I'm my own boss. Mostly. But, as an older sister, she watches out for me, 'cept on TFO, or maybe more on TFO as I know she reads my stuff soon after I post it to make sure there's nothing she needs to delete lol! Y hates it when I talk about her on TFO , as she is an extremely private person, and I say things about her or our relationship just commenting and it bugs her. I think I'd better shut up now, I'm probably embarrassing her right now lolololololol

Hi bestie!!!! ?❤️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hi all...Had an ice storm today. Without power from 3am until 6:30pm. No power, computer, internet, water. I actually did some chores then read a book...I hated it. Missed the NASCAR today. CRAP! The very first race of the week end, and I had no tv. grrr
So I'm trying to get ice photos for y'all
View attachment 318156
and look at the visitor...
View attachment 318157
View attachment 318158
Also, if you think you're gramma needs a hand rail on the deck stairs, DO NOT use metal...
View attachment 318161
Top of the tree broke
View attachment 318163View attachment 318164
What a miserable way to spend a day. Oh and try to keep 3 tortoises and 15 box turtles warm without power. Fun
Couldn't even heat up my mac n cheese. And THAT was a crime

Holy crimes of passion!!!! Wow!!!
That’s a lotta ice!!!!!
Are you ok?
We get it tomorrow morning . Fun
The news said it’s gonna be bad all through the middle states?
- degree temps and ice,snow, and water buffaloes ? comin’ down!!!!!
Keep safe!
How did you ever take care of the animals??
Does the inside of your house now look like
Noah’s ark??? ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Holy crimes of passion!!!! Wow!!!
That’s a lotta ice!!!!!
Are you ok?
We get it tomorrow morning . Fun
The news said it’s gonna be bad all through the middle states?
- degree temps and ice,snow, and water buffaloes ? comin’ down!!!!!
Keep safe!
How did you ever take care of the animals??
Does the inside of your house now look like
Noah’s ark??? ?
No, not mine...my friend and neighbor uses a wood stove, so I boxed up everybody but Mary and they spent the day next to his warm fire. Mary was in my bathroom. Not warm enuf, but better then freezing in the shed

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
If this makes anybody feel a bit warmer, I was glad sad to hear on the news today, that the polar vortex is 12 degrees warmer than it used to be. If you believe that we are experiencing global warming.?
It’s climate change that’s caused by warming of the outer atmosphere. It leads to freak weather.

Over here, scientists seem careful to call it climate change

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Now you know why the USPS is $20 billion in debt every year. Bad help, bad morale & sending stuff snail mail is going out of style.
Royal Mail got caught on the hop by lockdown and internet shopping increasing so much. They really struggled at Christmas. Part of it was also caused by staff with covid and self isolation too. They’re doing a pretyy brilliant job otherwise.

Companies here in the UK have been encouraging people to switch to billing by email and payment by direct debit or bank transfer for years. I don’t think we get any bills or statements by snail mail any more.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: the weather had turned. It was cold and grey and a storm was on its way.

My birthday treat was swimming with wild seals (they supplied wetsuits). Much needed hot soup and a sandwich (they make excellent sandwiches in NZ) in a cafe. Then another whale watching tour (we had sea sickness tablets we brought from the UK)

No photos of the seal swim as our cameras weren’t watertight. Th whale watching brought us Sperm Whales, Albatrosses and Dusky Dolphins (showing off as usual). One amazing birthday ??

Attachments

• F248E0D0-36BD-42BF-9297-10A563258844.jpeg
    F248E0D0-36BD-42BF-9297-10A563258844.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 5A7DE11F-3E62-4FD6-B581-CE9BC4F10212.jpeg
    5A7DE11F-3E62-4FD6-B581-CE9BC4F10212.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 75B7DF6C-22D5-45A7-9CEF-D24CB2888767.jpeg
    75B7DF6C-22D5-45A7-9CEF-D24CB2888767.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 5C7FE054-7F36-4103-BBB3-2745F7726171.jpeg
    5C7FE054-7F36-4103-BBB3-2745F7726171.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 7ABF9EF4-613B-466E-9500-9BF1B3F83DA8.jpeg
    7ABF9EF4-613B-466E-9500-9BF1B3F83DA8.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 5

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: the weather had turned. It was cold and grey and a storm was on its way.

My birthday treat was swimming with wild seals (they supplied wetsuits). Much needed hot soup and a sandwich (they make excellent sandwiches in NZ) in a cafe. Then another whale watching tour (we had sea sickness tablets we brought from the UK)

No photos of the seal swim as our cameras weren’t watertight. Th whale watching brought us Sperm Whales, Albatrosses and Dusky Dolphins (showing off as usual). One amazing birthday ??
Happy Birthday Linda!
Your celebrations will be a bit different this year although I suppose you could have a nice long soak in the bath instead. :)
Whatever you don't manage to do I hope you have a lovely day with the family.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
It's very grey here but the first time for ages that I haven't had to de-ice the bird baths.
I think that even Lola can sense a change and is peeping out of his hide.
I only have a small amount of food for him this morning so I'm going to have a trip to Aldi to stock up on a few days worth of his salad bags.
I'm sure the staff there must think that with all the salad I eat I should be as thin as a rake!
TTFN
I'll see you later

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Happy Birthday Linda!
Your celebrations will be a bit different this year although I suppose you could have a nice long soak in the bath instead. :)
Whatever you don't manage to do I hope you have a lovely day with the family.?
Are you having the ultimate "time of your life" or is this just another splendid vacation? Your photos are great. If I ever got my sorry a** off the U.S. continent, i'd probably go where you are now. Thank you for posting these fab photos!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Hey! Happy Birthday....enjoy the day.