Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi all...Had an ice storm today. Without power from 3am until 6:30pm. No power, computer, internet, water. I actually did some chores then read a book...I hated it. Missed the NASCAR today. CRAP! The very first race of the week end, and I had no tv. grrr
So I'm trying to get ice photos for y'all
View attachment 318156
and look at the visitor...
View attachment 318157
View attachment 318158
Also, if you think you're gramma needs a hand rail on the deck stairs, DO NOT use metal...
View attachment 318161
Top of the tree broke
View attachment 318163View attachment 318164
What a miserable way to spend a day. Oh and try to keep 3 tortoises and 15 box turtles warm without power. Fun
Couldn't even heat up my mac n cheese. And THAT was a crime
Wow! Our storms are starting later today. I have a Mr. Heater but only 2 1lb canisters and nobody has them. Everyone says they haven't been able to get them restocked for months. I feel for you. ???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: the weather had turned. It was cold and grey and a storm was on its way.

My birthday treat was swimming with wild seals (they supplied wetsuits). Much needed hot soup and a sandwich (they make excellent sandwiches in NZ) in a cafe. Then another whale watching tour (we had sea sickness tablets we brought from the UK)

No photos of the seal swim as our cameras weren’t watertight. Th whale watching brought us Sperm Whales, Albatrosses and Dusky Dolphins (showing off as usual). One amazing birthday ??
? What kinda bird.??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It’s climate change that’s caused by warming of the outer atmosphere. It leads to freak weather.

Over here, scientists seem careful to call it climate change
Yea I know. I thought it was really interesting when the canals of Venice cleared up during this pandemic. Also I had this strange thought, that maybe, the Lord was protecting earth until his time.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Please pray for my son. I've just heard he may be having a heart attack. He's been through so much in his life doctors are amazed he's still living. He's at the hospital now and was being transported to the main when I heard. He's the Terry that signed our cards this year. At least they have him where he may get help in time.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Please pray for my son. I've just heard he may be having a heart attack. He's been through so much in his life doctors are amazed he's still living. He's at the hospital now and was being transported to the main when I heard. He's the Terry that signed our cards this year. At least they have him where he may get help in time.
I'm so very sorry Cathie, you and Terry and all your family are in my thoughts tonight.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm so very sorry Cathie, you and Terry and all your family are in my thoughts tonight.
Thank you. I just heard they're going to put a stint in a blocked artery. He's been a miracle baby since the day he was born. He just keeps on ticking. I'm still worried because he had a birth injury to his heart b

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thank you. I just heard they're going to put a stint in a blocked artery. He's been a miracle baby since the day he was born. He just keeps on ticking. I'm still worried because he had a birth injury to his heart b
I have a few family members with stents and they have been great for them.
Hopefully the procedure will go well for your son too and he'll soon be back home.
He's in good hands.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I have to go to bed now Cathie but I will be signing in first thing to see how Terry is doing.
Take care

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was also trying to say that many other things have tried to take his life too down through the years. He actually had septicemia in his blood and lived through that as a baby with a heart problem and I'm just getting started. He's 42. I hope he can find the gumption to keep fighting no matter what.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I love that breed. Had a relative that lived in northern Michigan that had one. During hunting season they put a big red bow on him. So hunters didn't mistake him for a bear.
My brother has one and her name is Soffie probably because they are as big as a sofa... and make a nice pillow.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a few family members with stents and they have been great for them.
Hopefully the procedure will go well for your son too and he'll soon be back home.
He's in good hands.
Yes he did get there quickly so it's up to him and if his body can hold up to another crazy day. I'm glad Heather went ahead and took him in.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Oh Cathie, I’m so sorry and I have just said a prayer and will say a few more. HUGS!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I was also trying to say that many other things have tried to take his life too down through the years. He actually had septicemia in his blood and lived through that as a baby with a heart problem and I'm just getting started. He's 42. I hope he can find the gumption to keep fighting no matter what.
Sounds like he’s an incredibly strong man!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Rose and I will be praying for your family. I have a stent in one of my arteries. It was done out patient. I was back to normal the next day. Hopefully everything goes well.