COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: the weather had turned. It was cold and grey and a storm was on its way.

My birthday treat was swimming with wild seals (they supplied wetsuits). Much needed hot soup and a sandwich (they make excellent sandwiches in NZ) in a cafe. Then another whale watching tour (we had sea sickness tablets we brought from the UK)

No photos of the seal swim as our cameras weren’t watertight. Th whale watching brought us Sperm Whales, Albatrosses and Dusky Dolphins (showing off as usual). One amazing birthday ??
That would be an amazing birthday! I hope that something just as amazing happens today. I hope that you celebrate your birthday special... and then turn around and celebrate Valentine’s Day separately:) what a day! Happy birthday!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all and happy Valentine’s Day to all of you. Dad and I would always go eat the sweet heart supper at the Texas Roadhouse in our single years and the. Continued the tradition when Joey and I married because he was usually working. If not, he got to go too..
;-)... i will miss that this year and I don’t believe I can go back by myself... ANYWAY, I don’t think the roads are fit for much traveling so I will dedicate today to my children and animals. Hugs and kisses all around.. I’m working up the nerve to go out and break the ice out of the water trough ?. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all and happy Valentine’s Day to all of you. Dad and I would always go eat the sweet heart supper at the Texas Roadhouse in our single years and the. Continued the tradition when Joey and I married because he was usually working. If not, he got to go too..
;-)... i will miss that this year and I don’t believe I can go back by myself... ANYWAY, I don’t think the roads are fit for much traveling so I will dedicate today to my children and animals. Hugs and kisses all around.. I’m working up the nerve to go out and break the ice out of the water trough ?. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
Happy Valentines Day to you too, Heather!
Different occasions without your Dad will all be tinged with sadness, especially the first times, but you have some lovely memories of times spent with him and a great family to help you through.
Have a lovely day - in spite of the ice!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Nasty ice, a complete mess here as well. Quite the storm front....from Oregon south through Texas over & up the coastline via the Mid-Atlantic states. Onward & upward then sending this beast over to the UK to enjoy.
Yup - we have some wet and windy weather on the way for next week, but the winds don't look as if they'll too strong at the moment.
There's the promise of temps up to 17C for the following week - that's practically summer here!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Somewhere inside I'm still a cougar. Just keep the mirrors away!
Well, stay away from Chubbs then, as he is charming, funny, untrustworthy and disrespectful. Just when things seem to be going good, he starts flirting with someone else. In front of everybody!!! just sayin

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Today at 11:30 Pacific Standard time is the official start of the racing season...The Daytona 500...
Who to back? My usual Kyle Busch "Rowdy" as he is known, the 18 Toyota, is an aggressive driver, he drives the way I like, and has bump drafting down to an art. But he didn't win a race last year. Or the 11 car driven by Denny Hamlin. He looks so good from behind in his fire suit. He won so many races last year, he's good-lookin (very important), he also can bump draft, and is expert at side drafting. He deserved the Championship last year. I'm hoping he can do it this year. Can only pick one driver...who...?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
OMG! freakin peanuts? Are those blue jays? And they are eating from a plant pot? Oh my, with black oil sunflower seeds too. Great photos for me...lol

Yep. Unsalted roasted peanuts. The Blue Jays need an air traffic controller at times to coordinate their arrival & departures. My other feeders frozen in ice. I have about 5 other feeders for seed & suet - this impromptu flowerpot feeder is on our front porch, protected & easy to top off.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It’s climate change that’s caused by warming of the outer atmosphere. It leads to freak weather.

Over here, scientists seem careful to call it climate change

happy birthday dear friend!! ❤️????????????????
Hope all is going better for you now.
May your day be filled with joy!
If not....eat all the Valentines Chocolates!
?
Happy Valentine’s Day toooooo!!!!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good morning all... been a bit busy of late though I’m still following along with the goings on here in the CDR... With the passing of my father, I have inherited all of the family properties to be tended (in all of the spare time that I did not have) I hired crews and began a remodel on what used to me my grandparents house. They built it in the 80’s. My grandfather was a huge environmentalist and had landscaped with various fruit trees and butterfly gardens and many other things I wouldn’t recognize. So far, the new roof has been completed, some trees cut back and the inside reconstruction begins today. In the back of the house is where the gardens are but I didn’t get a picture there..View attachment 317151
After this, I’ll start on my fathers place. :-(

I did sneak off last Friday for some time with ReadyToGo... he was well behaved and we had a beautiful ride in some very nice weather. We road the famous Stage Coach Road here in Marshall which is rumored to be haunted. View attachment 317152

Well, that’s all for now... have to get son up n ready for school! Y’all have a wonderful day!

I am so sorry for your loss. But the memories are with you in your heart forever.
There isn’t a day or minute that goes by that I don’t think of my dad. He was one of
“The great ones”. I would not have changed a thing. This July will be 10 years now! I can’t believe it because it always feels like it was yesterday... they say time heals all wounds? Keeping busy helps for me...
But I am always here if you need me to talk to.
your grandfathers house is lovely too.
It keeps you busy ..
Make sure you screen your renters though!!
They LIE and say they will take care of your house and then trash it.. (speaking from experience)... please rent it to a family member or someone whom you can trust..
Just want you to be ok.. ❤️

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I am so sorry for your loss. But the memories are with you in your heart forever.
There isn’t a day or minute that goes by that I don’t think of my dad. He was one of
“The great ones”. I would not have changed a thing. This July will be 10 years now! I can’t believe it because it always feels like it was yesterday... they say time heals all wounds? Keeping busy helps for me...
But I am always here if you need me to talk to.
your grandfathers house is lovely too.
It keeps you busy ..
Make sure you screen your renters though!!
They LIE and say they will take care of your house and then trash it.. (speaking from experience)... please rent it to a family member or someone whom you can trust..
Just want you to be ok.. ❤️
Thank you! ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Today at 11:30 Pacific Standard time is the official start of the racing season...The Daytona 500...
Who to back? My usual Kyle Busch "Rowdy" as he is known, the 18 Toyota, is an aggressive driver, he drives the way I like, and has bump drafting down to an art. But he didn't win a race last year. Or the 11 car driven by Denny Hamlin. He looks so good from behind in his fire suit. He won so many races last year, he's good-lookin (very important), he also can bump draft, and is expert at side drafting. He deserved the Championship last year. I'm hoping he can do it this year. Can only pick one driver...who...?
I'd go with the one looking good from behind!