COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
That’s interesting, maybe she will grow out of it. She’s always been on the “unusual” side:D
Saphire is a vegan tort. Yours probably will eat bugs. Saphire only threatens to bite me when I'm doing something he feels threatened by. Saphire actually smells every blade of grass and plant before he'll eat it. You would think he has a smorgasbord in my yard but he picks and chooses what he will eat. You're right! It's interesting.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Schools in my neck of the woods don’t finish until July 25th!

I have both a governor meeting and an Exclusion Panel on the 24th ☹️
That makes a change - we are usually the last to finish in Wales.
My nephews school in LIncs finished on the 13th.
I'm sure it all balances out when we have different start dates in Sept.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Tony Hillerman is one of my favorites. I also like J. A. Jance and D i c k Frances. I have all their books. Living alone, I'm able to turn one of my bedrooms into a library, and all the walls have floor to ceiling book cases on them. It's kind of sad since the onset of electronic books - I'm now boxing up all my books and getting ready to turn the room into a reptile room. I'll lose most of my collection, because my electronic books are obscure authors I've downloaded because the books were free. It's hard to let the books go. I have gone back and re-read some of them a few times and it was like reading a brand new story. Old age memory.
I love books too. I have lots - many related to my teaching work. I feel sad that because of technology it's not going to be easy to re home my books when I have a good sort out. Charity shops here won't take as many as they used to these days. :(

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Check out this unlikely pair View attachment 276902
I had a frog in my kitchen yesterday morning, I thought I had dropped some of Lola's food and went to pick it up.
I had quite a shock when it was cold and slimy!!:eek:
I managed to put it back out in the garden though and hopefully it will stay out there.
I like having frogs around but don't like handling them.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Happy Sunday everyone.
This weekend marks something of a milestone for Lola and I.
It was 5 years ago on the 19th when I brought Lola home with the intention of passing him on to my sister, but owing to a change in circumstances, she couldn't take him after all.
I was going to try to re home him elsewhere as I had never had any desire to have a tortoise in my life, and contacted Bristol Zoo, Longleat Safari Park and various UK tort organisations, but he quickly wormed his way into my affections so he is still here ruling the roost!
It wasn't and sometimes still isn't easy, but thankfully I found TFO and became a member on the 22nd which started me on my journey of learning about anything and everything tort related.
Thank heavens for the TFO and it's many experienced members!!!