COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
No, I just plan to give them away if I can find a used book store that will take them. So far I have 15 boxes, and only a quarter of one wall of shelves cleaned out. It's a project that my heart isn't into, so it's hard for me to make the time to do it. But I really am anxious to get all these enclosures and incubators out of the house and into a bedroom.

I Have down-sized to two bookshelves with my must haves. The complete Harry Potter series, R.A Salvatore’s Drizzt trilogy, Ralph Compton- Mathan Stone series and Feist/Wurts- Daughter of the Empire series. I get more reality on a daily basis and don’t want to read someone’s puffed up self promotion. I want fiction and the worlds that are created my hands down favorite is the Drizzt D’Ourden series about a dark elf (inherently evil) that wants to go to the surface and be a hero who just happens to wield twin scimitars! Yep e-books are here to stay. How else can I go on a trip and take 50 books that always weigh the same as my one kindle! But holding a book in your hands is a feeling I will never totally let go of!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh yes :( But it shows me that they are not as stupid as most people think. When I tell people I keep tortoises they often say: Tortoises are so boring. Why do you keep them ? I think they never watched them a few hours :D Torts are not stupid and boring at all.:) I love these little dinosaurs since I was a child and got my first greek tortoise. :):tort::<3:
Anyone that thinks a tortoise is boring is boring. Shall I get started!? and tell about the day Saphire decided he hated my improvement in look to his little hut. Or the day I got flashed...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evening friends. It was a warm sunny day in Germany and it ended with a little thunderstorm and rain. My silly sully torts had been in their outdoor enclosure. I write silly torts because they found a way to get out of the enclosure and roam the rest of the garden. Not a real problem, I think they are much too big that my dogs can harm them. The only thing that I fear is that they eat something that they shouldn`t !:( I have to fix the problem real fast.:mad: They know there is a way to get out and they always get out :mad: But they are not stupid. They always find their way back in the stable and in their heated indoor enclosure. Amazing but stubborn torts !:D

View attachment 276884

And isn’t it interesting that not just 1 escaped... me thinks they are smarter than they’re credited for!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's so hot and HUMID here in Ohio that I opened Saphire's door, closed the window, put a gate up, to let the air conditioner get rid of the excess humidity.

Things are due to heat up in the UK next week. They’re forecasting temperatures around the 100F mark in London... yuk!

For us it’s going to be in the 90s F
IMG_0553.jpg

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Yep, and looks like a little bathing beauty.
You have to watch out for Marge, she is unpredictable. She’s a bit of an omnivore when she’s outside, with her killer instincts she bobs her head and observes passing insects before going in for the kill. The biggest thing she has eaten was a small grass cricket, I used to try and stop her but I was always to late.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Things are due to heat up in the UK next week. They’re forecasting temperatures around the 100F mark in London... yuk!

View attachment 276908
At almost 6pm it's still 93°f. But at least the humidity is down to 50% outside. And my tortoise's room is more comfortable too and he's back inside.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK

View attachment 276908
Nothing goes above 30 degrees where I am, however it feels hotter than it is during the day.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You have to watch out for Marge, she is unpredictable. She’s a bit of an omnivore when she’s outside, with her killer instincts she bobs her head and observes passing insects before going in for the kill. The biggest thing she has eaten was a small grass cricket, I used to try and stop her but I was always to late.
Saphire wouldn't eat a bug if he was starving...but he would bite me if I displease his highness.