COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Here is Opo's temporary enclosure. I have Opo on the screened porch with his hide with a CHE just outside of it. Also have a night box with a Kane mat inside. Food and water dish. All sitting on 3 washing machine drip trays side by side with coco coir and mulch. So now I added this outside enclosure that he will get to from a tortoise door. This should make him happier. I also wont have to take him outside 2 or 3 times a day Chasing him around the backyard. This is until I get the backyard fenced in.
I will post the construction of it on another post. 20190701_102247.jpg 20190701_102219.jpg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Here is Opo's temporary enclosure. I have Opo on the screened porch with his hide with a CHE just outside of it. Also have a night box with a Kane mat inside. Food and water dish. All sitting on 3 washing machine drip trays side by side with coco coir and mulch. So now I added this outside enclosure that he will get to from a tortoise door. This should make him happier. I also wont have to take him outside 2 or 3 times a day Chasing him around the backyard. This is until I get the backyard fenced in.
I will post the construction of it on another post. View attachment 275799 View attachment 275800
Add a hammock and I am on my way! Way to spoil him!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I will post the construction of it on another post. View attachment 275799 View attachment 275800

Wow Ray! That’s really nice.... Lucky Opo!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all. There aren’t many interviews that include feeding young song thrushes! I went to Folly Wildlife Rescue’s hospital today for my “interview” to be a volunteer bird feeder.

They’re inundated with birds and need lots of people to feed them. While I was waiting, a swift nestling that had fallen from the nest, a fledgling blackbird, a fledgling starling and a woodpigeon were all admitted.

It was really them observing you with the birds. The fact that I could identify all of them, no matter how scraggy, without reading the labels counted for a lot!

My training starts on Friday evening [emoji4]

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've been wanting to get a FitBit, however, I don't have a smart phone and don't know if the FitBit works without a smart phone.
The fitbit works by itself. My son's girlfriend likes those too. But you can connect them to a smart phone to print documents for your doctor.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's really nice. I wouldn't mind doing something like that on our back deck instead of cleaning up the weeds every summer. It's 50 years old red brick on top of dirt. It doesn't take long for the weeds to cover over it and they somehow make a layer of dirt too.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening all. There aren’t many interviews that include feeding young song thrushes! I went to Folly Wildlife Rescue’s hospital today for my “interview” to be a volunteer bird feeder.

They’re inundated with birds and need lots of people to feed them. While I was waiting, a swift nestling that had fallen from the nest, a fledgling blackbird, a fledgling starling and a woodpigeon were all admitted.

It was really them observing you with the birds. The fact that I could identify all of them, no matter how scraggy, without reading the labels counted for a lot!

That's really wonderful. I can't believe they would turn down any help that cares enough to volunteer. Go girl!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning!
I have a few more scenery pics for you and then a history lesson and tourist attraction. Just keep in mind that I’m not near as good at documenting my experiences as you all are!!
Actually you are. The family photo and all were really good photos. We have a place really near us called Rockbridge. Maybe I'll try to get my son to do his Sunday family day to hike back and see it again. You use to be able to pick blackberries on the way.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good idea !
Maybe your toad likes / is addicted to the smell of coca-cola....:D
I'm going to look up that little one on the internet again. Things like species,length of life,etc. I've been protecting the ones I find for several years but they've always lived in the lower part of our yard. I somehow get to see them after they get older. This little one is special. I'll probably have to keep it a little bit close to like his favorite haunts.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
That's really wonderful. I can't believe they would turn down any help that cares enough to volunteer. Go girl!!!

As much as anything I think it was establishing that you really were capable of handling the wildlife without stress and that you weren’t fazed by the injuries, etc.

They don’t need people who struggle with flapping, scratching and/or poop.

They have one aviary full of corvids getting close to release... magpies, crows, jays and jackdaws. You have to wear protective gear to go in there as you become the centre of attention the second you go in. The hospital manager told me that she reckons they spend their entire time plotting stunts to challenge those going in there!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
As much as anything I think it was establishing that you really were capable of handling the wildlife without stress and that you weren’t fazed by the injuries, etc.

They don’t need people who struggle with flapping, scratching and/or poop.

They have one aviary full of corvids getting close to release... magpies, crows, jays and jackdaws. You have to wear protective gear to go in there as you become the centre of attention the second you go in. The hospital manager told me that she reckons they spend their entire time plotting stunts to challenge those going in there!
You'll have so much fun I'm sure. Just wear a wide hat like a sombrero...lol

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I knew you’d get it. What a nice new adventure!