COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Hey CDR!! I’m home and went 5 days without WIFI or cell service ! That was hard and sorta liberating at the same time!

My son promoted to high school and we left with a 9 RV caravan to Arizona on the Colorado River in Parker! We had great weather! When we arrived it was 106 at 6 PM! It was very unpleasant but the next few days was perfect it was under 100 with cloud cover so it was really nice.
We boated, tubed, ate and drank!

Here are a few post cards.
View attachment 242390
View attachment 242391
View attachment 242392
View attachment 242393
View attachment 242395

Oh, the campground is a state park and they have a desert tortoise. I didn’t see him but he was new because the other died during hibernation. They adopted him.
View attachment 242394
It looks like you guys had a ball. Lovely postcards.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Late dinner here this evening. Andy Murray playing at Queen's... he lost unfortunately, but it was his first match back after a full year out with injury.

And England cricket getting a World Record One Day International batting score versus Australia... a huge 481! Australia are not having a good tour (shame ;) )

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Afternoon, evening all.

The HOT HOT HOT temperatures (above 90) and humidity have brought with them some massive thunderstorms = buckets of rain. Was out early kayaking on a local reservoir and luckily was back on shore when it really started coming down. Saw plenty of turtles, a few Red Tail Hawks, many squirrels, a very cute baby deer nestled in the weeds and an owl! I managed to get one pix of the owl...

So, I get home, it’s pouring down rain and I see our Sully out grazing and has his head down in his water bowl drinking away. Perfect weather for an African tort that loves heat and humidity. Rain, what rain.

Ok, pix.

Once again, perfect morning reflection

D44283EC-025C-4C74-AC8D-2BC121172B43.jpeg

Mr. Owl

CD666EAB-8EF1-456D-AA9B-2033A59D9FD2.jpeg

Big Old Tree

C30508F0-A0A2-4ACC-9A90-C4614AB29098.jpeg

And it’s Black n White Image

3466362E-CE1C-49A5-A7C6-F7C0A8AB2471.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Afternoon, evening all.

The HOT HOT HOT temperatures (above 90) and humidity have brought with them some massive thunderstorms = buckets of rain. Was out early kayaking on a local reservoir and luckily was back on shore when it really started coming down. Saw plenty of turtles, a few Red Tail Hawks, many squirrels, a very cute baby deer nestled in the weeds and an owl! I managed to get one pix of the owl...

So, I get home, it’s pouring down rain and I see our Sully out grazing and has his head down in his water bowl drinking away. Perfect weather for an African tort that loves heat and humidity. Rain, what rain.

Ok, pix.

View attachment 242412

Mr. Owl

View attachment 242413

Big Old Tree

View attachment 242414

View attachment 242415
Beautiful photos once again!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Afternoon, evening all.

Ok, pix.

View attachment 242412

Mr. Owl

View attachment 242413

Big Old Tree

View attachment 242414

View attachment 242415

Perfect! I like the b&w one. Otherwise the green feels so overpowering.
Congrats on getting the Russia-Egypt game right!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Very tired today because my headaches started again. Also tried to solve a geocaching puzzle around the Roskilde Cathedral and it just didn’t add up. So frustrating. Early good night from me, roommates! [emoji173]️

G’ Night.... get rid of those headaches! Maybe more water..

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Late dinner here this evening. Andy Murray playing at Queen's... he lost unfortunately, but it was his first match back after a full year out with injury.

And England cricket getting a World Record One Day International batting score versus Australia... a huge 481! Australia are not having a good tour (shame ;) )
Whoop whoop.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Afternoon, evening all.

Ok, pix.

View attachment 242412

Mr. Owl

View attachment 242413

Big Old Tree

View attachment 242414

View attachment 242415
I don't know what you use for a camera. But it takes awesome pictures.