COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I just watched one in a series of nature shows on TV about South Africa. You live in a beautiful country!

Good night. Sleep well.

Sounds like this is a very hard test for you, Dan. I have no words of wisdom for you. But if you ever feel the need to express yourself, we're always here for you.
Thank you Yvonne, Yes it is and it also depends on where exactly you stay. It is a big country. But then again the grass is always greener on the other side.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh, I was so disappointed. A matter of not managing one's expectations properly... It's still the important 3 points for the team, hey! :D
I think you get 1.5 for choosing the correct side winning and being close. You get 3 points for an exact prediction. Unless you are not talking about this of course.:D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yes....a nice tall evergreen hedge interwoven with a good looking fence on both sides would do wonder.

Or, just pick this one up, doesnt require a fence, just $$$

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1038-E-Benning-Rd-Galesville-MD-20765/35983849_zpid/
Now we are talking!!! I would still need to put fencing or a wall up, (to keep my torts safe) But it'll do. I think I will EFT the money tomorrow. So we can get the ball rolling. How much commission are you charging?;)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Now we are talking!!! I would still need to put fencing or a wall up, (to keep my torts safe) But it'll do. I think I will EFT the money tomorrow. So we can get the ball rolling. How much commission are you charging?;)

Just water access....thats all i need....EFT away.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I was struggling for the right words, but these are them.

And to reinforce the bit about a degree... I have a degree in Computing. My career is Computing; so what? My degree was done on punch cards and has about as much relevance to 2018 IT as a degree in botany. One of the courses I had to do was “History of Computing” which bore striking similarities to the presentation of “History of Magic” in the Harry Potter books.

Getting that qualification is about more than your immediate career plans. Finish your studies if and when you are able. Approach your university about taking some time out if necessary. Queen guitarist Brian May took a 32 year break in the middle of his Astrophysics phd... it can be done!

Most of all care about yourself in the here and now. Looking back is futile. Making extensive plans for the future will only hurt you more. Live for the positive you can find each day and hopefully meds and healing will make progress even if it is more slowly than you would like.

Your setbacks have been more dramatic than mine, but that’s what they are... setbacks. They don’t have to stop you inching forwards.

We all care and we are all here to listen when you need us.
I don't think I can add anymore to what Yvonne, Lena and yourself have said so beautifully. @DE42 Just know that although we cannot do much for you being so far away we are thinking of you constantly, and are praying and hoping that things do get better for you.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Decision made. With my holiday, the consultant’s holiday and recovery times before a key family wedding this summer nothing can be done before the autumn.

So, I am going to be continuing with my exercises and hope my shoulder frees itself in less than the usual 2-3 years and if not, then it’ll be surgery in October.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Decision made. With my holiday, the consultant’s holiday and recovery times before a key family wedding this summer nothing can be done before the autumn.

So, I am going to be continuing with my exercises and hope my shoulder frees itself in less than the usual 2-3 years and if not, then it’ll be surgery in October.
Well I hope for your sake that it does. As it will be much better for you than surgery.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good morning (mornooning) roommates!
Corner-cleaning day here. Before I plunge into all that dust:eek:, here's a picture of a little statue in Roskilde harbour. How many ducks do you see? ;)
View attachment 242359
What a charming little scene! I wonder what they are talking about???;)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hey CDR!! I’m home and went 5 days without WIFI or cell service ! That was hard and sorta liberating at the same time!

My son promoted to high school and we left with a 9 RV caravan to Arizona on the Colorado River in Parker! We had great weather! When we arrived it was 106 at 6 PM! It was very unpleasant but the next few days was perfect it was under 100 with cloud cover so it was really nice.
We boated, tubed, ate and drank!

Here are a few post cards.
IMG_0639.jpg
IMG_0571.jpg
IMG_0620.jpg
IMG_0648.jpg
IMG_0628.jpg

Oh, the campground is a state park and they have a desert tortoise. I didn’t see him but he was new because the other died during hibernation. They adopted him.
IMG_0631.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hey CDR!! I’m home and went 5 days without WIFI or cell service ! That was hard and sorta liberating at the same time!

My son promoted to high school and we left with a 9 RV caravan to Arizona on the Colorado River in Parker! We had great weather! When we arrived it was 106 at 6 PM! It was very unpleasant but the next few days was perfect it was under 100 with cloud cover so it was really nice.

View attachment 242390
View attachment 242391
View attachment 242392
View attachment 242393
View attachment 242395

Oh, the campground is a state park and they have a desert tortoise. I didn’t see him but he was new because the other died during hibernation. They adopted him.
View attachment 242394

That looks like a great trip! Lovely photos :)

I am guessing the wifi absence was more of a challenge for the younger generation :D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
That looks like a great trip! Lovely photos :)

I am guessing the wifi absence was more of a challenge for the younger generation :D

They were so busy they didn’t are.
I think we had about 30 kids. There was an arcade with older games that gave tickets like skee ball. The cafe had soccer so the dads really enjoyed that in between taking the kids out on the boats!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

View attachment 242390
View attachment 242391
View attachment 242392
View attachment 242393
View attachment 242395

View attachment 242394
Looks and sounds like a BLAST!!!!!!! :):):):):)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

It was a big decision. Still hope your shoulder surprises everyone before October. [emoji173]️

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

View attachment 242390
View attachment 242391
View attachment 242392
View attachment 242393
View attachment 242395

View attachment 242394

Congratulations on a great vacation! Love love the postcards!