COLD DARK ROOM

DE42

Life is not good right now. I'm broke, have mold and water under the house that needs cleaned and fixed, $1000s in doctor bills.
I'm having to consider selling most of what I have.
Worrk is also pushing for me to leave. I've been in the office with three of my superiors and them telling me they don't know why I'm hear and need to be on disability.

I know right now I also can't physically do a lot of jobs. Including what I've been in school for.

I feel like I'm going to lose everything again.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Okay Bedtime for lille ol me. Good night. Sleep tight and sweet dreams.
I just watched one in a series of nature shows on TV about South Africa. You live in a beautiful country!

Good night. Sleep well.

Life is not good right now. I'm broke, have mold and water under the house that needs cleaned and fixed, $1000s in doctor bills.
Worrk is also pushing for me to leave. I've been in the office with three of my superiors and them telling me they don't know why I'm hear and need to be on disability.

I know right now I also can't physically do a lot of jobs. Including what I've been in school for.

Sounds like this is a very hard test for you, Dan. I have no words of wisdom for you. But if you ever feel the need to express yourself, we're always here for you.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Ok. HOT and HUMID here today. Our Sully is loving it. Sully has been out grazing, wandering, drinking, bsthing, basking, and more.... it’s just so hot and humid!

I uploaded a few additional photos under the Sulcata thread that I have been keepin since Sully arrived..

Here’s one of the pix...

View attachment 242342
GORGEOUS beast!!!!!!:):<3::<3::<3::<3:

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

SO VERY sorry to hear this, Dan. :(
Disability does NOT have to be permanent- I know of at least 2 people who used it when they needed it because they had NO other recourse. They were each able to recover sufficiently to go back after a few years and get off Disability. Just a thought.
All that stress can NOT help your health.
i wish I had a magic wand. :<3::<3::<3:

DE42

SO VERY sorry to hear this, Dan. :(
Disability does NOT have to be permanent- I know of at least 2 people who used it when they needed it because they had NO other recourse. They were each able to recover sufficiently to go back after a few years and get off Disability. Just a thought.
All that stress can NOT help your health.
i wish I had a magic wand. :<3::<3::<3:
Thanks. I'm thinking of re-homing the turtle. I can't take proper care of it now a days I don't need anymore pets to care for when I can't support myself.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Ok. HOT and HUMID here today. Our Sully is loving it. Sully has been out grazing, wandering, drinking, bsthing, basking, and more.... it’s just so hot and humid!

I uploaded a few additional photos under the Sulcata thread that I have been keepin since Sully arrived..

Here’s one of the pix...

View attachment 242342
I should try to find your thread! Love that neck. Could I give it a rub? :D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

I don't know enough about being on disability in the States to be able to say anything meaningful. Do you have a doctor you trust who could recommend the best course for you? Scaling it back and taking everything slow might help on the way to at least partial recovery...

It seems to me that you may not be at peace with the ailments you have, but they are not something you have control over. They are just something you have to accept. It's not like you could choose to stop being sick. You were born this way.

Dan, no matter what happens, we love you and care about you -- and we only know you for a short time. Please love yourself too -- not just who you could be but also who you are right now. :<3:

P.S. Many people don't work in the jobs they had been training for. But getting that degree is still important and can prove useful later in surprising ways. You're not wasting your time, if that's your worry. :<3:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Here’s one of the pix...

View attachment 242342
He is such a gorgeous tort. You have really looked after him well.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Oh no Dan. That is absolutely awful. Can your family not help you?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I don't know enough about being on disability in the States to be able to say anything meaningful. Do you have a doctor you trust who could recommend the best course for you? Scaling it back and taking everything slow might help on the way to at least partial recovery...

It seems to me that you may not be at peace with the ailments you have, but they are not something you have control over. They are just something you have to accept. It's not like you could choose to stop being sick. You were born this way.

Dan, no matter what happens, we love you and care about you -- and we only know you for a short time. Please love yourself too -- not just who you could be but also who you are right now. :<3:

P.S. Many people don't work in the jobs they had been training for. But getting that degree is still important and can prove useful later in surprising ways. You're not wasting your time, if that's your worry. :<3:
Very nicely said.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

I was struggling for the right words, but these are them.

And to reinforce the bit about a degree... I have a degree in Computing. My career is Computing; so what? My degree was done on punch cards and has about as much relevance to 2018 IT as a degree in botany. One of the courses I had to do was “History of Computing” which bore striking similarities to the presentation of “History of Magic” in the Harry Potter books.

Getting that qualification is about more than your immediate career plans. Finish your studies if and when you are able. Approach your university about taking some time out if necessary. Queen guitarist Brian May took a 32 year break in the middle of his Astrophysics phd... it can be done!

Most of all care about yourself in the here and now. Looking back is futile. Making extensive plans for the future will only hurt you more. Live for the positive you can find each day and hopefully meds and healing will make progress even if it is more slowly than you would like.

Your setbacks have been more dramatic than mine, but that’s what they are... setbacks. They don’t have to stop you inching forwards.

We all care and we are all here to listen when you need us.