Buying panacur online

Status
Not open for further replies.

laney

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aberdeen, Scotland
I have previously got panacur from my vet but they won't give me without going in for an appointment. I've had the worm count done, I know the doses but am not sure how safe it is to buy online? Can I trust sites like amazon for meds? Just wondered if anyone has had experience buying online?

7oasty23

5 Year Member
I know tortoisesupply.com sells it. The shipping is a little high, but the service is incredible.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Just make sure the % of active ingredient is the same as your vet dispenses and I would only go with a US shipper.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I thought some places like feed stores/tractor supply sold it as well. But just make sure it's the same as others have mentioned.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Any feed store will have it . It's marketed for horses. Good luck!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And I can't stress this enough:

Just be sure that whatever Panacur you buy it contains the same strength or % of medication as the one the vet previously gave you with those instructions for that particular dosage. Panacur comes in different strengths and you might poison your tortoise if you use the wrong dosage with the wrong Panacur strength.

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Yep cool, it's the 10% one and says on label of old bottle for cats or dogs so if it was one for a different animal such as horses is it still the 10% one or would it be a different strength in comparison? That's maybe a really daft question but I'd rather check.

Status
Not open for further replies.