Bo's New Table Setup !

AgataP

Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, WA
It is cute but unfortunately it is not the best solution for a baby tortoise. As many of us advice - closed chamber is the way to go. You will have a hard time keeping even temps and humidity.
I really like the look of the table though.
You can just place plexiglass over it and will be perfect. Just an idea.

Arlington, MA
It is cute but unfortunately it is not the best solution for a baby tortoise. As many of us advice - closed chamber is the way to go. You will have a hard time keeping even temps and humidity.
I really like the look of the table though.
You can just place plexiglass over it and will be perfect. Just an idea.

Oh lol I forgot to mention that I have a tarp draped over the shelf the lights are on that closes everything up nicely and humidly, I just kept it off for the pic!

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
I would remove slate in water so they can get in and drink. The wood corner will be a climbing frame and potentially attempt will end in toppling and an upside side down tort. As they grow alter the wood can be a climbing escape route. Try getting some small low stones just to add a break and good for basking to rest their head on.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I would put pieces of brick under the roots so that they are up above the substrate so the tort can’t climb. You can use construction adhesive to glue the bricks together to the wood. BTW where did you get that trunk? It is super ?

Arlington, MA
I would remove slate in water so they can get in and drink. The wood corner will be a climbing frame and potentially attempt will end in toppling and an upside side down tort. As they grow alter the wood can be a climbing escape route. Try getting some small low stones just to add a break and good for basking to rest their head on.

So the tree is actually resin made and its really heavy/sturdy. It's wide balanced base is mostly hidden by substrate—it's meant to be a turtle basking spot that goes into an aquarium but I repurposed it. Yes, he may one day attempt to climb the legs however they're too inclined for him to get far enough to flip.

The slate does not prevent him from drinking, in fact it gives his little feet traction on the smooth ceramic dish. When he's a little bigger I already have a terra-cotta saucer for him, he's just too small for it now lol

I love the idea to get more rocks/stones where he can bask and rest! Thank you!!!

Arlington, MA
I would put pieces of brick under the roots so that they are up above the substrate so the tort can’t climb. You can use construction adhesive to glue the bricks together to the wood. BTW where did you get that trunk? It is super ?

Thanks! There's an idea for when he gets older and becomes a daredevil!!!

The trunk is from Petsmart! It's not cheap but I'm glad because it's seriously sturdy as hell—heavy! No chance of him moving it