Best merc-vapor bulb brand?

Jami

Hi!

I posted a similar question on the enclosures/lighting threads and have received 0 answers. Thought I'd try here since I'm talking about a 13 month old Hermans Torty. I've used ZooMed brand for the two bulbs he's had. Have any of you used or heard of Reptispa brand? I've had good luck with the zoomed but thought about switching up in hopes of longer lasting bulbs...

Do you have a favorite brand? Tried Reptispa?

Thanks!
Jami & (Ben) Dover

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I buy whatever bigger named brand ones are cheaper at the time I'm looking. I also get them outside as much as possible to save on the bulb, which then will make it last longer. One thing that helps to make them last longer, is to not move or knock them around, and hang them straight down.

Jami

I buy whatever bigger named brand ones are cheaper at the time I'm looking. I also get them outside as much as possible to save on the bulb, which then will make it last longer. One thing that helps to make them last longer, is to not move or knock them around, and hang them straight down.

Hi! Thanks for the response! I think the bulb I have now is still ok, but I heard people say they should be changed between 6-8 months. Mine is at 6 months right now. Yes, these bulbs are definitely not cheap...but definitely worth it.

Thanks again,
Jami

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
If I use an mvb, it's most likely Megaray. If you plan on using/relying on uvb bulbs, a uv meter is invaluable.