All Living Things bulb brand petsmart only

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Moozillion said:
WOW!!! Thanks so much for the warnings!!!:(

No problem. I lucked out and it broke over my living room floor and not my sully enclosure.

Off to Lowe's today to build my own higher wattage light fixtures.

ecstasyrs90

5 Year Member
Barista please tell me you went to Petsmart and bitched. I had another bulb do this same as your picture. They are banned period.

Attachments

• 1386288896948.jpg
    1386288896948.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 42

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
ecstasyrs90 said:
Barista please tell me you went to Petsmart and bitched. I had another bulb do this same as your picture. They are banned period.

Oh they are gonna get an earful along with the broken bulb brought back tomorrow after I am done with work [POUTING FACE]

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Nice of you to post this about the bulbs, I just bought 2 bulbs of this brand tonight for a little extra heat in the enclosures. I bought the black bulbs to up the heat a little in the night boxes. Guess I will take them back in the am. Thanks for the heads up

ecstasyrs90

5 Year Member
Yea take them back asap and get a different brand and please please spread the word . I am only one person, all of you can help me save our pets. :)

Joanne

10 Year Member!
Lancashire, UK
yikes! I had a bulb crack (standard 60w spot) and the seller asked if I had surge protected sockets... well I do now :p just as an extra precaution!

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Broken bulb exchanged. Fit pitched. No hassle given about returning a broken bulb [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Petsmart is still getting a not so nice email though because the girls ringing me up at the register called me a nasty Asian racial slur (I'm half Chinese) And thought it was funny [POUTING FACE]

ecstasyrs90

5 Year Member
Wow barista that is ridiculous. Definately complain to petsmart corporate. I did for the sheer fact of helping other pets. This whole thing could have been a disaster if I wasnt home so now I am paranoid and want to help anybody else by letting you all know. I wish petsmarts would take these off the shelves altogether.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
ecstasyrs90 said:
Wow barista that is ridiculous. Definately complain to petsmart corporate. I did for the sheer fact of helping other pets. This whole thing could have been a disaster if I wasnt home so now I am paranoid and want to help anybody else by letting you all know. I wish petsmarts would take these off the shelves altogether.

Thank you I greatly appreciate the heads up. I think petsmart knows their brand sucks because when I was in my local store before, they had ALL their light bulbs on sale. So I think they are trying to get rid of them. I just hope some poor soul doesn't fall into the "oooh cheap heat lights!" trap.

Cbmacomb

I'm a new bearded dragon mommy...I know this is a turtle page but the search on "falling apart bulbs" brought me here.
NOTHING has changed! This post is from 2013...I'm posting in May of 2015 after having 2 All Living Things Petsmart Brand bulbs fall apart...I'm appalled! How is Petsmart still selling these bulbs? The tank is in my children's room! Within 2 weeks a day and a night bulb has fallen apart! Since it's a new set up they were bought at the same time, yes the fixture was appropriate for bulb watts. (in fact the fixture is capable of holding a much higher watt since we will be expanding the tank size as our babies grow we opted to buy the bigger zoo med fixture up front.)
I'm really, really upset... with the expense of a new startup we opted for the store brand bulbs to save a few bucks...never again!
Sincerely,
Cynthia in Michigan

QUOTE="ecstasyrs90, post: 761160, member: 33283"]To all my fellow reptile and tortoise turtle owners please read this and please pass it on to other forums if you can. We can save a pets life. In the past month I have had two bulbs by the brand All Living Things which is Petsmart home brand only found at their stores, blow up or separate.

One day I was home by myself sitting in another room when I heard glass breaking. Immediately I thought someone was breaking in. After some investigation I found the culprit was this bulb blew up out of nowhere leaving hundreds of small glass shards all over my russian tortoise tank. I picked her up and checked her eyes etc and rinsed her off. Luckly I was home at the time. Glass was even on the carpet out of the tank. Thank God I was home bwcause what if she stepped on it or even worse ate it and it cut up her digestive system and she would have died. And not to mention what if the fixture started on fire and my whole place burned down?

I emailed Petsmart on September 22 and was told they would follow up within 2 to 3 days. NEVER HAPPENED.

Last night I hear a weird rattle from the clamp lamp yet again (different tank and different russian tortoise)..so I push it up the lamp only to find that the bulb separated from the screw on metal base. This morning I called corporate and read them the riot act. I have yet to get a solution to this. Pet owners and lovers I URGE you to beware and pass this on. I would hate to see your precious babies injured, I just got lucky.

Also the exact bulb is All Living Things Neodymium Basking bulb 100 watts.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: