What Name Brand Bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
What type of heat bulb do you all use for your tort's? Because the last few time's I have bought bulbs. They all go out. The last one actually exploded :p What brand of heat bulb's do you guys get? I've tried a few. And where? I'm using mine for a baby Leopard and 2 Russian's.

yellowfoot

5 Year Member
Illinois
I am using zoomed black bulbs for night heat and the powersun bulbs and regular household bulbs for day heat.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I use a regular household spot lamp from my hardware store by day and a Ceramic Heat Emitter at night.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Power sun mvb from Internet usually and CHE for night heat. They should have total darkness for at night in my opinion, like it would naturally be in the wild.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I use Mega Rays for high UVB needs animals like iguanas, but for my torts the Powersun 100W is perfectly acceptable.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I use an Arcadia D3 MVB. Have always used them, and never had problems, but I think they're fairly new to the US?

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
For CHEs, whatever happens to be the cheapest on Amazon. UV bulbs? Reptisun and PowerSuns from Zoomed

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
StudentoftheReptile said:
For CHEs, whatever happens to be the cheapest on Amazon. UV bulbs? Reptisun and PowerSuns from Zoomed

Since they're all around $20, I usually recommend Zoomed's brand. I have one that, no kidding, has lasted at least 8 years. On 24/7.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I like Zoomed Powersun because they have a good, year return warranty. Saved me a lot of money in the past.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
If you buy your bulbs at petsmart and save the reciept you can return any burned out bulbs within 90 days

Status
Not open for further replies.