BAD drivers

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is one of my personal pet peeves.
Jacqui, what happened to the olden days when truck drivers were good drivers and respected cars, and we (at least me) respected them? The young semi drivers now days OMG, they try to pass going up a hill, of course blocking traffic. They can't seem to go around a curve without crossing the center line, they cut cars off to change lanes, seen that happen twice over the weekend and just today. The cars were actually right next to them, had to slam on brakes in order to not get totally crushed and around here, almost every accident involves a semi, being the semi's fault. You and your husband should open a semi driving school and teach these young idiots how to give road respect and get road respect.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
That is one of my personal pet peeves.
That's part of safe driving IF they go faster then me But then they leave " a safe disstence of one mile between them and the next car and to do so for the next 5 miles they drive 10 miles a hour slower then me .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Driving is fun I do it all day long in a f350 work truck . I go the speed limit no matter what . If someone gets mad and gives me the finger I smile and wave . They cut me off that's fine also . I do what I can to drive respectful of others . The key is leave early and take your time . Even on my bike I say out of everyone way . No need to get mad . The stupid driver will get a ticket or crash soon enough . There's a bunch of jack wagon drivers in Houston . I've been followed into Parking lots getting cursed at . I'll just tell them .... Why are you so mad ? You are the one speeding and cutting people off . I'm driving the speed limit . Then I tell them I'm trying to keep you from getting your head knocked off . Most of the time they just run their heads . I have gotten into some fist fights . Because some idiot let my glasses full them . That's one of my favorite lines . DON'T LET THE GLASSES FULL YOU ! Ha-ha I can fight but I really would rather just let it go . I got into a fight in a bank parking lot over taking to long at the ATM . Like I control how fast the ATM works . It was funny the guy tried to foot ball rush me so I grabbed him in a front choke hold for three minutes . He passed out the bank cop came out and had dumb dumb put in jail . There's no way to stop anybody of diving like an idiot . So just do you an not worry about it you will be much happier .

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Try a "camel on board" sign :)

People see her sticking her lips out of the side of the trailer and then they hover in my blind spot swerving while trying to take selfies while hurtling down the freeway. Then they have to come see who is driving, as if they are going to know the person who is driving down the road with a camel...

Last edited:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I don't drive and never would.
it seems to me that most people who do drive consider themselves to be good drivers and everyone else is terrible.
I've seen many nice, considerate, gentle people who wouldn't say boo to a goose turn into ravening, foul mouthed monsters when behind the wheel of a car.
I stay mostly in my 9,600 streets of pedestrianized city, thanks.
Or the middle of a desert or jungle.

M

Maggie Cummings

I personally am road rage incarnate. When I am alone in my car I use my hot rod motor to get me out of any situation. I had a CDL for 10 years or so and took several NASCAR driving courses. I tailgate and honk and yell and totally act the fool, but am so calm by the time I get home. tee hee. I believe driving is a privilege not a right and the driving tests need to be tougher and tickets need to cost more. More people need to have the privilege taken away. Most people are not capable of safely driving and now in Oregon the legislature is talking about raising the speed limit to 70!!! Most Oregonians can't get up to 55... letting all these crappy drivers be able to go faster, well, I guess it would wipe out the more stupid of them....
I love to drive and miss my big truck on a daily basis.....

ZfvDZx3OcVICa6gv3xqDNj9pOCY4RYLU9ejGTOR1QogWIlABFyQHdUiL-fivku3gYfhwC4_yYpo2sQdiIxS1tJZoTtCn4839J4Jv66lzMCv4sFhxlhPYe0mYsbtsMy7EtcMXzklqXjGg5uAM6GbigbLspQwB-gmOvCmqVVJLzMk2xcGbSqoFmaC-oSGDl-daP4ArQnHfY_s9SR6WSk_Jm1sDprOf0qejPK0mqxQCzjjpkdjHdkbSCQ39vG3CAgohbt0bGpJ0Bo3GtX2NH1G1f-VCVnyBkHOpKteWzfbOId8I9nv1Sth_W4HcgwTpsZCEJGAlQnrnzdPycNJBgKMJlxhIYcLvwm3LtO7kUr-pDW8nD29BYU5etqBuO-uswUNXhZVgXh5zIStbIWNthY4tB11dMcMSylBf8xWE2-fUit-RNYbbXwOelDewa4xyHofQnxUpAJPru2TMRiYn4vH82h8xSfNc9qyJ4O9OpoXHfytztGUGoGiYe3zMNgoKETvdbYVhet8TfCl4vC1oPytKTUube6CLePch3vSPIrj3YMc=w873-h654-no

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't drive and never would.
it seems to me that most people who do drive consider themselves to be good drivers and everyone else is terrible.
I've seen many nice, considerate, gentle people who wouldn't say boo to a goose turn into ravening, foul mouthed monsters when behind the wheel of a car.
I stay mostly in my 9,600 streets of pedestrianized city, thanks.
Or the middle of a desert or jungle.
No, no, I really am a good drive:p:D. And I will foul mouth in or out of the car:eek::D I just don't like stupid when your behind the wheel of a something ton vehicle that could kill in a heart beat. I could never go without my wheels. I love to drive, specially in the city. Most Chicago drivers are good drivers, move over after passing. The yuppies from the suburbs, well not so much and there's a few nationalities, that are also not so much.:confused:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I personally am road rage incarnate. When I am alone in my car I use my hot rod motor to get me out of any situation. I had a CDL for 10 years or so and took several NASCAR driving courses. I tailgate and honk and yell and totally act the fool, but am so calm by the time I get home. tee hee. I believe driving is a privilege not a right and the driving tests need to be tougher and tickets need to cost more. More people need to have the privilege taken away. Most people are not capable of safely driving and now in Oregon the legislature is talking about raising the speed limit to 70!!! Most Oregonians can't get up to 55... letting all these crappy drivers be able to go faster, well, I guess it would wipe out the more stupid of them....
I love to drive and miss my big truck on a daily basis.....

ZfvDZx3OcVICa6gv3xqDNj9pOCY4RYLU9ejGTOR1QogWIlABFyQHdUiL-fivku3gYfhwC4_yYpo2sQdiIxS1tJZoTtCn4839J4Jv66lzMCv4sFhxlhPYe0mYsbtsMy7EtcMXzklqXjGg5uAM6GbigbLspQwB-gmOvCmqVVJLzMk2xcGbSqoFmaC-oSGDl-daP4ArQnHfY_s9SR6WSk_Jm1sDprOf0qejPK0mqxQCzjjpkdjHdkbSCQ39vG3CAgohbt0bGpJ0Bo3GtX2NH1G1f-VCVnyBkHOpKteWzfbOId8I9nv1Sth_W4HcgwTpsZCEJGAlQnrnzdPycNJBgKMJlxhIYcLvwm3LtO7kUr-pDW8nD29BYU5etqBuO-uswUNXhZVgXh5zIStbIWNthY4tB11dMcMSylBf8xWE2-fUit-RNYbbXwOelDewa4xyHofQnxUpAJPru2TMRiYn4vH82h8xSfNc9qyJ4O9OpoXHfytztGUGoGiYe3zMNgoKETvdbYVhet8TfCl4vC1oPytKTUube6CLePch3vSPIrj3YMc=w873-h654-no
LOL, the speed limit on the city highways are 55. Everyone does 70. You'd be killed doing 55. The outer highways are 70, here, Indiana and Michigan, all the states I drive through.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
People see her sticking her lips out of the side of the trailer and then they hover in my blind spot swerving while trying to take selfies while hurtling down the freeway. Then they have to come see who is driving, as if they are going to know the person who is driving down the road with a camel...
Oh my, that is absolutely insane. Taking a selfie while driving down the highway? I don't get it. It's probably too warm there for an enclosed trailer. I don't drive but I walk everywhere and the number of times I have almost gotten hit by a car running a red light etc.
I just don't think people have respect for much of anything anymore. They only think about themselves and where they are going. Very aggressive.And they have to multitask at all times, including driving. So then good drivers have to be hypervigilant and drive defensively.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
As a motorcyclist and class A CDL license holder in the state of Florida, I can tell you that south Florida drivers are the worst in the world. We have immigrants whom have never even sat in a car before, white knuckling down the road. We have the VERY, very old that think that the world is just there to annoy them. Driving without a care about the other cars on the road, or curbs, or mailboxes.... And we have the very young, texting and swerving from lane to lane and trying to race other teens in their loud mufflered rolling boxes of crap. The roads are too crowded and there are delivery vehicles everywhere and they all have a deadline.
I won't even drive near a Toyota Corolla any more. They always seemed to be owned by the worst offenders! (And I love Toyotas)

AnimalLady

As a motorcyclist and class A CDL license holder in the state of Florida, I can tell you that south Florida drivers are the worst in the world. We have immigrants whom have never even sat in a car before, white knuckling down the road. We have the VERY, very old that think that the world is just there to annoy them. Driving without a care about the other cars on the road, or curbs, or mailboxes.... And we have the very young, texting and swerving from lane to lane and trying to race other teens in their loud mufflered rolling boxes of crap. The roads are too crowded and there are delivery vehicles everywhere and they all have a deadline.
I won't even drive near a Toyota Corolla any more. They always seemed to be owned by the worst offenders! (And I love Toyotas)
Its scary here, it really is... i'm not even going to start on the Hialeah drivers. NOT EVEN GOING TO START! :mad:

AnimalLady

Just this morning on my way to work. True story. Two cars ran red lights without even touching the brakes.

An old man gave me the finger today and cussed something out the window. He was annoyed that I didnt let him cut in, when the truth is, i didnt even notice him trying to cut it, you think he used his signal? NAH! Then gets mad a ME like i did something! I just nodded and smiled lol.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
An old man gave me the finger today and cussed something out the window. He was annoyed that I didnt let him cut in, when the truth is, i didnt even notice him trying to cut it, you think he used his signal? NAH! Then gets mad a ME like i did something! I just nodded and smiled lol.
That's the best thing to do . It doesn't help to get all mad about small stuff .

M

Maggie Cummings

10/4.....I finally started turning down loads to Florida.....

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
Anybody ever slow down for tailgaters ? Traffic is what it is and tailgating doesn't make it faster.

AnimalLady

I do.. Depending who's in the car with me I might even tap on my breaks, that normally does the trick. ;)

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Oh. I forgot to mention the tourists. Lord. How did I forget the tourists?

You ever drive in NYC? Beats south Florida on every account, same old people different season, even more foreigners from more different countries, even more tourists trapped in a much smaller area, even more delivery trucks (sometimes triple double parked) trapped in a smaller area. Kids who are so wound up for driving you can't drive in Manhattan unless you are at least 18. Then there are the swarms of cabs, the ever non ending road maintenance and construction blocking lanes., Oh and the last one, bucket-loads of pedestrians that seem to think a car contact will not hurt. Those damn bike messenger and delivery guys thinking they can pass through other solids, got them in FLA?

Drive in NYC then lets talk about driving under stress. Maybe Staten island is a bit worse 'cause then you have soccer Moms with overloaded SOB er ahh SUV's on the road too.

The only city more merciless for drivers that I have been in is Moscow, the real one in Russia, not the namesake in Idaho.