Baby Sully

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiffanyluvstorts

5 Year Member
Hi everyone. I need help. I have done a lot of research and I have two Russians I am enjoying very much. I am wanting a sulcata. I'm not a teen so I felt like I should get an older one but found a clutch that will be 3 months old on sept 11ish. He is asking 70 for one. Said they are already eating greens. I have done my research on an outside pen but one of this size I wouldn't want out in a big pen. Any thots??

My babies 4 humans, 4 doggies, 2 Russians, 1 leopard gecko, 1 tarantula and a hermit crab. [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]

byles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Yep raise him inside just make sure you have the lighting you need and take him out as much as possible, I have a 4 year old that I raised inside and although now he goes out on his own as much as he wants on his own he still loves coming in and hanging out, actually he goes everywhere with me, , like having a kid. Anyhow as I'm getting away from the subject, he will do fine starting out indoors, but keep in mind the size and space they need.

tiffanyluvstorts

5 Year Member
I found an older one for $200 because I didn't want the setup he has and he has bad pyramiding. Said he eats only spring mix. And is 4 years old. I want a healthy one he said it was a boy was clearly a girl and said he was skiddish telling me he spends zero time with him nd he is still living inside.

My babies 4 humans, 4 doggies, 2 Russians, 1 leopard gecko, 1 tarantula and a hermit crab. [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you get a hatchling, be sure to read Toms threads below in my post for raising a smooth, healthy tort.

tiffanyluvstorts

5 Year Member
Ok. When u say hatchling...how long are they hatchlings?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Questions to ask:
1. Was this baby left in the incubator for a week or was a brooder box used?
2. What substrate was it incubated and hatched on?
3. How often has it been soaked since hatching?
4. What substrate was it started on?
5. Did it have a humid hide?
6. They eat "greens" as soon as they hatch. What "greens" has the breeder been feeding them?

tiffanyluvstorts

5 Year Member
Ok. I know about the soaking. They told me every other day I think for the first year.
Ill ask the the other stuff. Is that for pyramiding?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
tiffanyluvstorts said:
Ok. I know about the soaking. They told me every other day I think for the first year.
Ill ask the the other stuff. Is that for pyramiding?

It all relates to pyramiding, dehydration, overall health and well being.

tiffanyluvstorts

5 Year Member
Awesome to know! Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Every other day is pretty good and better than most. Are you able to find out the other info? If its one of the breeders here on the forum, you are probably going to get a healthy baby.

How about the weight? Can you get a weight in grams? That would give us some good info to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.