Anyone live in the Phoenix areas??

motero

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Do they stock Mazuri? That would be good to know.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I bought the Bermuda grass hay at our local feed store . I bought the Mazuri at a Cal Ranch store , and the mulberry leaves are from the trees here . The hay was 16 dollars for a bale and I think I paid 29 dollars for the large bag of Mazuri 25 or 30 pounds .

Does your Cal Ranch keep mazuri in stock or did they special order it for you? I'm always looking for mazuri sources. One feed store in Wickenburg quit ordering for me. Now I'm slightly paranoid. HaHa.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Mesa feed is good too
They stock Mazuri
I really like these guys

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Does your Cal Ranch keep mazuri in stock or did they special order it for you? I'm always looking for mazuri sources. One feed store in Wickenburg quit ordering for me. Now I'm slightly paranoid. HaHa.
They have it in stock at the one I go to in Sierra Vista !

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
The Stock Shop in Phx stocks it And wholesales it so you may want to talk to the store that no longer Carries it to see if they want to get it for you . That's where Pratt's buys it .

HI Tortoise Rescue

5 Year Member
Oahu, Hawaii
Aloha, Elizabeth - My wife & I were raised in Phoenix (12th Street & Glendale area), & our Sulcatas did just fine outdoors...at least once we used rebar to limit how far they could dig! We're both engineers, & decided that underground during winters was their best bet, & we never lost either of them. What we did was to pound 8' lengths into the ground every 6" or so, enclosing a 10' X 10' area, with 3' fencing aboveground. Both females dug themselves in, usually in the same burrow, & came out when it warmed up to eat & drink. Takes a lot of work, but we cheated & used my dad's backhoe. I've seen one female that dug so far down, the lady's backyard almost collapsed, but we never had that problem. Might be easier to set yours up indoors for now, but they grow really fast, & are bulldozers with brains!

Ken

Elizabeth Patti

Phoenix, AZ. 85013
Thank you so much for your informative words and kind heart. I live at 11th Avenue and Indian school. So if you're still at the same house we are fairly close. ... =)

HI Tortoise Rescue

5 Year Member
Oahu, Hawaii
No, Elizabeth, we have lived in Hawaii for the past 25 years, & five states in between. But I know your area very well...or at least I did when we lived there. My wife & I both graduated from Camelback & ASU, & we knew our marriage was going to be a success when we each brought a desert tortoise into it! The Sulcatas came from my folks, who couldn't believe how big they were getting...no surprise to us!

Ken