Pretend Chat 2.14

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm so sorry Maggie! That should be illegal!!!

Morning Maggie, sorry about your car. That's a total bummer

Thanks Actually you just might be surprised, but I'm handling it fairly well. I'M surprised.....lol. Now that I'm not in a temper, you know I wouldn't paint my car like that.....but I AM going to make signs. And I think little by little I will fix one thing at a time. I WILL drive this car until I die. And it will look beautiful and still drive like the wind:cool:

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Thanks....They're called Clematis. They have all kinds of colors. I'm trying to afford the white ones.

My mom constantly tried to grow Clematis in Spokane and it rarely flowers, hence not being able to ID it! We have roses at the new place, I'm not really a fan of them. I might see if someone wants to come dig them up. I'll keep the Camellia (sp) though, it is gorgeous. (at least that's what I'm told it is, i'm not sure)
p2309231537-4.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Look at what I found....That's me and my big truck and my car, what a happy group. And I love this pix of Bob, I think I'll enlarge it and put it in a frame....DSCN3887.JPG
My mom constantly tried to grow Clematis in Spokane and it rarely flowers, hence not being able to ID it! We have roses at the new place, I'm not really a fan of them. I might see if someone wants to come dig them up. I'll keep the Camellia (sp) though, it is gorgeous. (at least that's what I'm told it is, i'm not sure)
p2309231537-4.jpg
It's a Camellia......

DSCN3886.JPG

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'll keep the Camellia (sp) though, it is gorgeous. (at least that's what I'm told it is, i'm not sure)
Ummm? Are you not sure if it's gorgeous, or are not sure if it's a Camilla? In either case, I'd have to say it's both, gorgeous and as Maggie has pointed out, it's a Camilla. On a side note, I think that type is a "double blossom" Camilla. The single blossom make fantastic bonsai. Well for Camilla, they all make fantastic bonsai. I'll find some pictures for you.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
p2309231537-4.jpg
I have one of those. It took quite awhile to get big. I love roses! It's one of the few plants I can grow easily, they smell nice, and tortoises eat them. The only downside is the thorns.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have only two colors of clematis these days (I think). Use to have a third one. They are pretty when they bloom, but that's only in the spring.

Now roses I love, except like mentioned the thorns. Figure those are kinda the payment for the beauty visually and in the aroma. I do not like a rose with no smell. I want to smell them on the breeze on a warm afternoon.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
p2309231537-4.jpg

Your tortoises might enjoy them though.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I have only two colors of clematis these days (I think). Use to have a third one. They are pretty when they bloom, but that's only in the spring.

Now roses I love, except like mentioned the thorns. Figure those are kinda the payment for the beauty visually and in the aroma. I do not like a rose with no smell. I want to smell them on the breeze on a warm afternoon.
I have a row of rose plants in the back yard. Once I bought a rose plant just for the smell. The smell was so amazing that even though I didn't have a spot for it, I bought it and put it in the front yard. It still smells wonderful. My daughter loves it too. My husband can't smell it at all but he can smell the roses in the backyard.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
So what's everyone up to , This is what I did today built home made headers out of old fish tail Harley pipes with friends .

1495938595797.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Wish I knew what this is. It smells like a perfume store. I've never smelled a fragrance so strong from a bloom
DSCN3764.JPG DSCN3677.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So what's everyone up to , This is what I did today built home made headers out of old fish tail Harley pipes with friends .

View attachment 208729

I rode around and around the two pastures on my riding lawn mower (while the mower did the work of cutting the weeds). Not really work, kinda fun.

Last edited:

Alicia Hoogstra

I was so excited to visit the Detroit Zoo.... How disappointing....look at these pictures....ugh! These are the pancake tortoises...the enclosure was VERY small, and completely yuck! It broke my heart!

1495971177038.jpg