A Land Far Away...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA

It's amazing how quickly that giant rhubarb recovers from winter. It's only been, what? - three months since you showed us a picture of it rotted clear down to a pile of mush? And now look at it. The leaves are already 5 or 6' across!

I bought one online last fall. It's not from the same country as yours, so won't get as big. Right now it's in a pot by the snapper pond so I'll remember to keep it wet. I have a container sitting next to the pot and every morning I dip the container into the snapper pond and water the plant. So far so good. Mine looks pretty piddly next to yours:

giant rhubarb.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's amazing how quickly that giant rhubarb recovers from winter. It's only been, what? - three months since you showed us a picture of it rotted clear down to a pile of mush? And now look at it. The leaves are already 5 or 6' across!

I bought one online last fall. It's not from the same country as yours, so won't get as big. Right now it's in a pot by the snapper pond so I'll remember to keep it wet. I have a container sitting next to the pot and every morning I dip the container into the snapper pond and water the plant. So far so good. Mine looks pretty piddly next to yours:

View attachment 208489

Has pretty leaves.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Any of you ever grow cleome flowers? Think that us how it's spelled.

M

Maggie Cummings

Well, I got the notice from State Farm that they're not doing anymore work on my car because they say the damage happened in 3 wrecks, not one. Case closed.
Did they ask my mechanic who is intimately familier with my car If it had any damage before the accident? No. They judged it from some 12 yr old in a body shop and pictures.
So a guy is going to paint in white on the sides of my car..."rat rod thanks to Main Auto Body." So I give up. Some jerk from Calif, in a rental car without insurance, alcohol on his breath runs a red light hits me and I'M the one being punished for it. There are no words to say how mad I am....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Any of you ever grow cleome flowers? Think that us how it's spelled.

I had never heard of that, so I googled it. Have never seen it either, but it sure has a pretty flower. Are you thinking of getting some?