I'm making some kickass kabobs

Large bacon wrapped sea scallops
Mushrooms
Bacon wrapped beef
All with my special butter sauce

View attachment 208340
View attachment 208341
View attachment 208342View attachment 208343
PICK ME ! ! PICK ME ! ! I've cleaned up your menu to better suit my tastes in food. I like dead animal body parts as food ! I might be late, but I'll get there. I should be there about 5:30am Thursday morning provided I drive straight through. Maybe I should bring another Oregon member that's into onions and psychedelic colored bell peppers. Then I'd need to stop less often. Keep your ears open for my '98 Crown Victoria at your place. Deal?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
What happened to the forum today ? I've been tried getting online all day but couldn't .
You've been whinin' about not get to see the Chinese spambots and then they hit and you act all simple. You crack me up, Mike. Heckfire, they started up sometime last night and just kept on rollin'. I personally think it has to do with north korea but I'll stop and leave it at that. LOL.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My thanks go out to you Yvonne, as I've stated in the past, I don't do tweet or The Facebook, this forum is my only social media platform.

Mostly it's the other moderators who remove the spam threads from your view. I come along after they've cleaned it up and permanently ban their IPs, but it really doesn't matter because they must have a million of them. They just come back as someone else. I think Jacqui and Wellington are the ones who do most of the de-spamming, probably Jaizei too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne if you're going to sell bo and so . I would be interested. If not no biggie. In other news .What happened to the forum today ? I've been tried getting online all day but couldn't .

They're definitely for sale. You can contact my partner in tortoises - @Will

The Gecko forum was offline too. I THOUGHT Josh must be working on de-spamming us, but when I signed on just now I found quite a few Chinese spams that Jacqui had taken care of for us.

M

Maggie Cummings

Good morning all. We had 93 degrees yesterday. They want $3000 to fix my air conditioner. It was miserably hot in the house. It's insulated quite well. But my animals and plants liked having the sun. I put my inside plants on the deck, not being used to burning them, I fried a couple. But things are good at my house. The fight to fix my car correctly is still in the courts.
I had a Vet from Uganda visit my animals, she says my tortoises are beautiful, but my 29 pound cat will be dead in a couple of years because she's morbidly obese.. Heck, she's driving me nuts this morning. She wants wet food, not Science Diet dry.

M

Maggie Cummings

PICK ME ! ! PICK ME ! ! I've cleaned up your menu to better suit my tastes in food. I like dead animal body parts as food ! I might be late, but I'll get there. I should be there about 5:30am Thursday morning provided I drive straight through. Maybe I should bring another Oregon member that's into onions and psychedelic colored bell peppers. Then I'd need to stop less often. Keep your ears open for my '98 Crown Victoria at your place. Deal?

No it's NOT a deal...he's looking for a red IROC, and I'll bet beat you there.....

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Was the site down for a while today? Or was the universe just telling me to go play outside?
That seems to happen for me about once a week. When I check on, "down for everyone or just me" it always says it is just me.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
No it's NOT a deal...he's looking for a red IROC, and I'll bet beat you there.....

So, ummm Oregonian road trip? I'm betting i'm faster than you and @Cowboy_Ken once we get OUT of the vehicles. Save me those scallops! I'm crying hot salty tears into a bowl of instant noodles right now.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
They were super good. How was your shrimp mike. Speaking of which it's time for another BBQ

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So did anyone else have the opportunity to see Venus near the moon just before sunrise late last week other than me?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Good morning all. We had 93 degrees yesterday. They want $3000 to fix my air conditioner. It was miserably hot in the house. It's insulated quite well. But my animals and plants liked having the sun. I put my inside plants on the deck, not being used to burning them, I fried a couple. But things are good at my house. The fight to fix my car correctly is still in the courts.
I had a Vet from Uganda visit my animals, she says my tortoises are beautiful, but my 29 pound cat will be dead in a couple of years because she's morbidly obese.. Heck, she's driving me nuts this morning. She wants wet food, not Science Diet dry.
Wow! 29 lbs! Do you have one of those giant Maine Coons? The CongoCoon? Mine is only 17 lbs and he's a big boy. As for the wet vs dry food, most modern vets i know believe now in "wet being superior over dry" cat food due to cats' not drinking much, most of them are thought of being "subclinically dehydrated" and wet food provides little extra hydration. My take on it is: feed them what they want/like to eat bcs their life span is short and they might as well live it to the fullest enjoying all simple pleasures of living" I used to have what my vets called "morbidly obese" 2 cats. Both towards the end developped hyperactive thyroid and got very skinny, then would not eat... it was heart breaking to watch them waste away like that. I'd take a fat, happy/jovial cat at any time

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I had a mancoon cat about 10 years ago. His name was Wilber, named after the University of Arizona Mascot. I want to say he was in the 25ish pound range and was considered fat even for that breed

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

That's ridiculous. You can buy a whole new AC system and have it piped all through the house for that price.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That seems to happen for me about once a week. When I check on, "down for everyone or just me" it always says it is just me.

Everyone: Don't forget that the Forum has a Facebook site. You can go there for updates or to ask other members if they're also locked out.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...