You know you are a tortoise freak when

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
You know you are a tortoise freak when.....you get excited about your dead weeds coming back. My back yard is full of mallow, filery(sp?) and dandilions. My torts are eating well! I haven't checked out the side yard or the hills behind me.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Ha, thats great. I wish my parents kept tortoises when I was a young kid. Would have been alot less "get out there and pull some weeds", going on.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wow Angi, what a nice selection. Mallow is a mainstay of my sulcatas for several weeks each year. The filaree comes in too, just not as much. My dandelions can best be described as small and anemic...

I wish we could get ALL tortoise owners to feed more weeds and save their money at the grocery store... its so good for them...

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Tom said:
Wow Angi, what a nice selection. Mallow is a mainstay of my sulcatas for several weeks each year. The filaree comes in too, just not as much. My dandelions can best be described as small and anemic...

I wish we could get ALL tortoise owners to feed more weeds and save their money at the grocery store... its so good for them...
:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You know your are a tortoise freak when...

you agree with most of the points raised by J. Ellis in his Cheloniaholic 12 step thread! :cool:

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
The Mallow comes in a few times a year and the fileree grows like crazy. I think I have finally figured out which plant is the correct dandilion I have several with the yellow flower that I always thought were dandilion but they have a milky sap. I think the correct one has a tender low growing leaf and a short flower. Is that right? I still buy organic spring mix and they get some carrot peels and radish tops etc...Anyway my back yard is ugly to anyone who is not looking through Tortoise lover goggles:)

Status
Not open for further replies.