Yniphora Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiated

5 Year Member
I have finally found the ideal substrate for yniphora's. Bill Z said that hay and bamboo leaves are good for smaller animals under around 15 cm. So for My rads i am using hay now, then for my yniphora i am using bamboo leaves from madagascar.

Radiated

5 Year Member
And animals larger than 15cm can be kept on cypress mulch or eucalyptus mulch. But eco earth is not good because when damp, it can cause shell rot on the plastron. However if dry, and the tortoises are active, there will be lots of dust and that dust they will breathe.

samstar

5 Year Member
Radiated said:
I have finally found the ideal substrate for yniphora's. Bill Z said that hay and bamboo leaves are good for smaller animals under around 15 cm. So for My rads i am using hay now, then for my yniphora i am using bamboo leaves from madagascar.

How did you get your hands on bamboo leaves from Madagascar?

Radiated

5 Year Member
samstar said:
Radiated said:

Ordered it from the people there, its really nice.

tortoises101 said:
Have you asked him about breeding ploughshares?

No, because mine are still too young. I think he has just sent away his male ploughshare to a breeding program.

samstar

5 Year Member
Radiated said:
samstar said:
Radiated said:

Ordered it from the people there, its really nice.

You sure are very well connected

Radiated

5 Year Member
I just got some hay from the bavarian alpine regions, it is very good. It contains many different weeds and grasses with some flowers. It is also very nutritious. I have compared it with normal hay, its completely different. I would recommend this. I am using this hay for my Radiated Tortoises and bamboo leaves for my yniphoras.

Status
Not open for further replies.